Quotes...plagarism encouraged!!

"The greater danger for most of us is not
that our aim is too high and we miss it,
but that it is too low and we reach it."
- Michelangelo

"Sometimes poly people will put down monogamy. This is especially common with people new to polyamory. This is a defensive reaction. Typically of these people have been fighting (and losing against) monogamy and monogamous assumptions their whole lives. They can develop a certain negativity about monogamy as a result. Try not to take it personally, while at the same time not letting them insult you outright. Really, they are talking about themselves: monogamy has failed them."

Pepomint

http://freaksexual.wordpress.com/2008/10/11/how-to-be-poly-friendly/

I wish you could see the situation for what it is and not what you want it to be, keep an open mind, things may not be what you think..

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin

This has for a long time been one of my favourite quotes. I first read it when I really needed much courage to 'let go', to surrender to the laws of (my) nature.

At the time I also received this from my love, and it still moves me whenever I read it (often):
"Yes, it is hard when drops fall.
Trembling with fear they heavy hang,
clinging to the branch - swelling, sliding -
weight pulls them down - however they cling.
Hard to be uncertain, afraid and divided,
...difficult to feel the depth pull and call
still sit there and just quiver -
difficult to want to stay
and want to fall." - Extract from the Swedish poem, 'Ja Wisst Gör Det Ont' (Yes, Of Course It Hurts) by Karin Boye.

"All knowledge is worth having." -Anafiel Delaunay from the Kushiel's Legacy series.

"We can't keep living like our own dreams are all that matter." -Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist

@LovingRadiance: I devoured that series. It was so awesome! I may just go through it again.

"Blessed Elua cared naught for crowns or thrones. That is man's business." Melisande Sharizai, Kushiel's Legacy series.

"I looked at her as if she were a wild thing from the wood. And so she seemed to be, this creature I had loved with all my heart." Marius de Romanus, Blood & Gold.

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie, and the truth of this fiction is simple enough: the magic exists." -Stephen King (dedication in IT)

"Go then, there are other worlds than this." -Jake, Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

"See the turtle of enormous girth! On his shell he holds the earth. His thought is slow but always kind. He holds us all within his mind. On his back all vows are made. He sees the truth but may'nt aid. He loves the land and loves the sea, and even loves a child like me." -The Guardian of the Beam Maturin's poem; Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

"To love someone deeply gives you strength
Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage"
Lao Tzu.

Cheating hurts the cheater as much as the cheated. The lies are a double edged sword that cuts both ways. The cheated bleed the blood of trust; the cheater bleeds the blood of integrity.
Me.

IThink.​

Last edited:

Cheating hurts the cheater as much as the cheated. The lies are a double edged sword that cuts both ways. The cheated bleed the blood of trust; the cheater bleeds the blood of integrity.
Me.

IThink.​

Great quote..been there and will likey bleed forever.

Great quote..been there and will likey bleed forever.

Ummm..at the risk of hijacking the thread and perhaps sounding like a bigger ass than I really am...

ALL wounds, physical, emotional and mental, should heal with time and proper care. If they don't you should seek professional help.
IThink.​

I think, therefore I am.
Rene Descartes

I loved, therefore I will always be.
Me.​

worry

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.
~Leo Buscaglia

"Concern yourself less with love and more with loving."
Catfish

Back