The Polycast - A weekly podcast on everything sex, health and relationships!

Hey everyone!

A few friends and I have recently started producing a weekly conversational podcast series called The Polycast, in which we explore all things sex, health and relationships, with a heavy lean towards discussion of polyamory and empowering the individual. We've released 5 full episodes so far, as well as a few of the short form 'Polybite' series to wet your appetite between episodes. We'd love to hear what the polyamory.com community thinks of the show, and we're always looking for questions and suggestions for future topics, so feel free to throw your thoughts at us.

You can subscribe to the show for free on iTunes here:

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-polycast/id814803689

Or download each episode directly from the main page here:

http://polycast.libsyn.com

We'd love to see this show turn into a platform for a community of sexually liberated, healthy and open-minded individuals to share their thoughts, stories and questions freely, without discrimination or judgement. Basically, we're just doing our part to get the world talking about sex, love, health, relationships and each other.

Let us know what you think and we hope you enjoy the show!

Polycast Episodes

Here's a rundown of each episode we've produced so far.

The Polycast - Episode 1

Direct Download

We believe in a world full of healthy people who are sexually liberated, conscientious of the world around them, and more open to communication and connection. This show represents our first step towards helping shape that world.

This week on The Polycast we are treated to a sit-down discussion with Geoff and Sou, who offer insight into the origins and continuing adventures of living together in an open-relationship. We also received our first listener e-mail and give our thoughts on how one might choose to react to some terrible kissing skills.

As always, feel free to leave a comment below, follow us on Twitter (@MeditativeMedia) and send your questions to [email protected]

Thank you for listening!

The Polycast Crew.

---

Polybite - What is sex?

Direct Download

In-between regular episodes of The Polycast, we'll be sporadically posting episodes of our "Polybite" series - short form podcasts that pose a question, share an anecdote and generally working to create a discussion. In our first episode, Geoff asks the question - what is sex? Sound off in the comments below, or leave us your thoughts at [email protected]

Thank you for listening!

The Polycast Crew.

---

The Polycast - Episode 2

Direct Download

This week on The Polycast, Ben and Geoff are joined by Robert Kohls to continue the conversation on polyamory, beginning with a discussion of how we create and establish 'rules' in a relationship. We also explore how the perception and practice of polyamory differs between gay and straight relationships.

You can send your questions to [email protected], follow us on Twitter (@MeditativeMedia) and sound off in the comments below.

Thank you for listening!

The Polycast Crew

---

The Polycast - Episode 3

Direct Download

In this week's episode of The Polycast, Geoff and Sou delve into their decade-long transition from monogamy, to swinging and then to polyamory - and it's not all swings and roundabouts.

As always, you can send your questions to [email protected], follow us on Twitter (@MeditativeMedia) and subscribe for FREE on iTunes.

Thank you for listening!

The Polycast Crew

---

Polybite - A perspective on weight machines

Direct Download

To offer an appetizer as we work on the latest episode of The Polycast, Nigel Morton (personal trainer and dear friend) popped by the studio to offer us an insight into weight machines and how they may have found their way to ubiquity in the modern gym.

Nigel will also be appearing in the next full episode of the show to continue the discussion on health, movement and our personal coaching philosophies.

As always, thank you for listening. Send your questions, comments, suggestions for future episodes or general feedback to [email protected] and be sure to subscribe to the show for free on iTunes by clicking the link below:

The Polycast Crew

---

The Polycast - Episode 4

Direct Download

This week on the show, Geoff and Ben are joined by personal trainer and all-around awesome guy Nigel Morton to discuss our perspectives on training and health and to offer an insight into how we each began thinking about training the body as a means to better the whole self.

As always, you can send your questions, comments and suggestions to [email protected], and be sure to subscribe to the show for free on iTunes by following this link:

Thank you for listening.

The Polycast Crew

---

Polybite - Geoff talks 'New Relationship Energy'

Direct Download

In this Polybite, Geoff gives his thoughts on 'new relationship energy' and the valuable role it can play.

Look forward to this Sunday's episode of the full show, where Ben & Geoff are once again joined by Robert Kohls to answer your e-mails, discuss definitions, and delve deeper down the rabbit hole into Geoff's experiences with the polyamorous lifestyle.

Shoot your questions for the show to [email protected] and subscribe for free on iTunes by following the link below:

Thank you for listening.

The Polycast Crew.

---

The Polycast - Episode 5

Direct Download

Robert Kohls joins Ben & Geoff for a discussion on whether or not polyamory may just be a synonym for 'mutually consenting cheating', they compare various - competing, at times - definitions of polyamory, and the practicalities of communicating in a polyamarous structure.

Questions, comments & feedback:

[email protected]

Subscribe on iTunes here:

Thank you for listening!

The Polycast Crew.

Polyblog - Don't worry, no penis for me either.

Don't worry, no penis for me either.

Posted to polycast.libsyn.com

While it is generally understood within the polyamory community that there is no strict rule or definition for how one might choose to employ 'poly' in their lives, I have found there are some practices which seem to contradict the fundamental principles of seeking personal growth while striving to maintain equality and balance within one's 'poly' relationship. Specifically, I'd like to address the strategy of hunting for a 'unicorn', wherein a heterosexual couple embarks on a journey to find a 'third' for their relationship, most often a female, who will find both individuals equally desirable and will want to spend equal amounts of time with each. Much like the search for the mythical unicorn, this outcome is highly improbable and seems to cater predominantly to the delicate ego of the male. This goal often seems to be born from poly-curious couples agreeing to a 'one penis policy' as a stepping stone to opening up the relationship, in which couples agree that while either individual is free to engage in relations with other women, no men are to be pursued by either partner.

This strikes a chord with me as I believe that the great benefit of practicing a polyamorous lifestyle is that you are made to confront and let go of your insecurities and fears, and that this acts as a catalyst for personal growth and development. When you enter into a 'poly' relationship with caveats such as the 'one penis policy', the male is missing out on an huge opportunity to experience this growth. The female in this scenario is being made to confront and let go of her insecurities and fears by allowing her partner to pursue relationships with the opposite sex, but this is not being reciprocated in-turn. This creates an imbalance in the relationship and contradicts the principles of openness and equality which, I believe, are fundamental to living a successful polyamorous life.

I believe polyamory is about the practice of non-possession, genuine care, and nurturing of loved ones, and not applying arbitrary restrictions due to one's own insecurities and fears. The 'one penis policy' is certainly a step towards opening up a relationship, but I would be hesitant to call it a step towards polyamory.

Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences. Do you agree? Do you disagree? Send your feedback to [email protected] and be sure to let us know if you'd like your thoughts discussed on The Polycast.

Thank you for reading.

Geoff Hunnef.

Last edited:
The Polycast - Episode 6

The Polycast - Episode 6

Sexy Healthy

Direct Download

Subscribe Free on iTunes

This week on the podcast, Ben and Geoff discuss the intimate and undeniable relationship between the body, health and sex and work to disentangle exactly why we, as a society, have created a world where we are made to feel shameful to expose ourselves physically and emotionally.

Subscribe to the show free on iTunes and send your questions, comments and feedback here.

Thank you for listening.

The Polycast Crew

Meditative Monkey Musing

Friendly Lovers

I like to think of all my relationships as friendships. Surprisingly, I find that taking this perspective allows me to be more considered, thoughtful and consistent towards the people in my life, than when I attempt to pigeon-hole individuals into defined boxes, such as 'lover' or 'girlfriend', that come loaded with connotation and expectation. We encourage our children to create and maintain many meaningful social connections, as possessiveness and entitlement towards others only ever seems to be a cause of tension and separation, and yet as adults we seem to struggle to practice what we preach. We wouldn't encourage jealousy, fear or insecurity in our children, or teach them to guard and protect their friends from broadening their own social circle, so why exhibit behavior that produces that outcome for ourselves? As a society, we seem to understand that we cannot exert control and possession over our friends, and yet we are taught that the sole relationship paradigm that is valid is one of unconditional monogamy. This doesn't seem right to me. I would argue that we must be disciplined and remind ourselves that we don't own the individuals in our lives, regardless of their role, nor do we have the right to control anyone but ourselves. When we direct our focus from the external to the internal and begin to take control of ourselves as individuals, we can start the process of letting go of our fears of abandonment and loss and focus on the most important relationship - the relationship with oneself.

- Geoff Huneff

The Polycast - Episode 7

The Polycast - Episode 7

Direct Download

This week on the show, e-mails! The Polycast Crew tackles topics such as:

Transitioning from monogamy, to swinging, to polyamory.

What role does marriage play in a polyamorous structure?

Can you balance polyamory with family?

Is polyamory realistic for the 'baby boomer' generation?

Is it more common for men or women to open up the conversation of open relationships?

Send your e-mails to [email protected] and subscribe to the show free on iTunes

Thank you for listening!

The Polycast Crew.

Polybite - Communication in Relationships

Polybite - Communication in Relationships

Direct Download

In this week's Polybite, Geoff & Sou take the lead and discuss communication in relationships, drawing on their own experiences to highlight just how difficult and rewarding the challenge of great honesty can be.

Talking points include:

Styles of communication
The challenges we face in communicating
Timing of important conversations
Send your feedback to [email protected] and subscribe for free on iTunes by searching for 'The Polycast'.

Thank you for listening.

The Polycast Crew.

The Polycast - Episode 8

The Polycast - Episode 8

Direct Download

iTunes

This week on the program Ben, Geoff & Robert are joined by Chris Mallon to discuss internet dating, authenticity, bisexuality, pansexuality, and your questions! Send your questions, comments and feedback to [email protected] and don't forget to subscribe for free on iTunes. The podcast page is found at http://polycast.libsyn.com

Thank you for listening!

The Polycast Crew.

The Polycast - Episode 9

The Polycast - Episode 9

Direct Download

This week on the show, Geoff is joined by Nicole & Frank - a couple living in Toronto, Canada - who chronicle their experiences in opening up their relationship, detailing both the hardships faced and lessons learned along the way.

Let us know what you think of the show, and subscribe for free on iTunes.

Thank you for listening.

The Polycast Crew.

The Polycast - Episode 10

The Polycast - Episode 10

Direct Download

Join us this week for what was, for us, the most fascinating Polycast conversation recorded thus far. Listen as Ben & Geoff speak with Vittorio, a professional phone sex operator of 10 years, who offers a bewildering behind the scenes perspective that has come from being a 'phone ho'.

Please note that this episode of the show contains highly explicit content. Those with a stomach of questionable fortitude (e.g. Ben), consider this fair warning.

Thank you for listening.

The Polycast Crew.

Polybite - Flesh Hooks

Polybite - Flesh Hooks

Direct Download (.mp3)

iTunes

In this return to the Polybite series, Geoff shares a story of the time he was suspended above the ground from hooks thread through his flesh. Voluntarily. Enjoy!

Subscribe to the show on iTunes and send us your thoughts!

The Polycast Crew.

Back