Music Speaks What Cannot Be Expressed.

And....quite possibly, my all. time. favorite song...

http://youtu.be/kmUKY0JEArA

It perfectly describes the roller coaster of emotions that swarmed me in the early stages of our first ever (and only, to date) poly fidelity relationship. The struggle between what my heart felt and what my brain was trying to make sense of.

Good song, Suzanne, I liked.

Everyone knows by now that I'm an APP-o-phile. So here's another favorite of mine of their songs. This one is so intense for me that it often moves me to tears.

To me, this song is symbolic of a person who has a very creative and simultaneously tormented mind. Something like Beethoven. Someone who feels very lonesome inside, who feels like an utter outcast, yet has so much to offer the world.

This person doesn't fit in and spends much time alone ... in utter silence. Their heart bursts with their yearnings to connect with other people ... and their utter inability to ever do so.

From Alan Parsons Project I give you: "Silence and I."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8G6WMIpWXI

Yes -- so much said in such a simple sentence.

I listen to a LOT of music. I start at 7:00, take a few minute break on my way to work, resume at 8:00 and continue till 4:30. I often resume when I get home till I go to bed. Weekends are nonstop, usually. Lol! I enjoy a broad variety of genres as well.

My most recent musical obsessions are:

Shearwater
Red House Painters
Zola Jesus
Zbigniew Preisner
Raised by Swans
The Dear Hunter
Polica
Other Lives
Hildegard Von Bingen

Some of my longstanding faves are:

Chopin
Tchaikovsky
JS Bach
Cocteau Twins
Dead Can Dance
Soap&Skin
Depeche mode
Bjork

I am also in the process of listening to every published Requiem that I can play. I play many over again, especially Zbigniew Preisner's "Requiem for my friend". Holy hell, it is gorgeous, though it does not contain the full requiem! I do try to balance it with Mozart's Requiem.... you know, to remember my roots. Lol!

Had to edit for autocorrect turning "Bjork" into "Bjorn". Heh

Last edited:
Back