POLYCAMP NW 24-27 Aug 2012, Olympia, Wa.

ImaginaryIllusion

Administrator
Staff member
From the FB Event (Public visibility, so careful deciding the "join" the event in that fashion).

Polycamp Is Back!!! This year, we have grown by leaps and bounds, expanding our Board of Directors and bringing you many new talents and experience to make this summer one of the best yet again!!! Registration has opened up to those on our email list on April 17th and we expect to have it "Live" on the website shortly thereafter. For a list of our program events, see our website at:

http://www.polycamp.org

We can't wait to see all of our friends and family once again...

Much love,
The Polycamp Team
www.Polycamp.org

PolyCamp NW is on August 24 to 27 at MILLERSYLVANIA STATE PARK near Olympia, Washington. It's includes poly and non-poly programming, adults only areas, and the chance for kids to meet and hang around with other kids from poly families. It's very well organized and a lot of fun.

So if you're looking for something to do this summer, this should be on the list!

Last edited:
We are new to Washington, just found your post. And saw there are zero tickets, id this a yearly thing?

Can you attend without staying at the campground?

From the FB Event (Public visibility, so careful deciding the "join" the event in that fashion).

PolyCamp NW is on August 24 to 27 at MILLERSYLVANIA STATE PARK near Olympia, Washington. It's includes poly and non-poly programming, adults only areas, and the chance for kids to meet and hang around with other kids from poly families. It's very well organized and a lot of fun.

So if you're looking for something to do this summer, this should be on the list!

I have family in Olympia that I would like to stay with. Can one attend the PolyCamp as a day/night visitor?

It is a yearly event. I will see if I can find an updated one for this year. There is a poly group on facebook for "the northwest"...

I spoke with the coordinator-they are updating the website as we speak. There ARE tickets and it IS ok to go day time only as well.

Here's his precise message about this years polycampNW:

"The website is undergoing a major overhaul and is running late on launching the new system (it's a really cool one for registering now).

I'll be releasing mail in registrations tomorrow night to cover in the meantime until our online system is launched (we are at the verge of launching it, just doing the tedious task of QA to make sure there aren't any hiccups). So, there are still many tix available.
People can indeed do only a day trip if they like. Best value is in the weekend pass, but we a few people come for only a couple of days instead."

Looks like August 29th-September 1st this year.
Also-here's a post regarding this years camp that I found:

"Aug 29- Sep 1
Millersylvania State Park (Olympia, WA)
www.Polycamp.org
Hey everyone, we know that a lot of the buzz has been pretty quiet around Polycamp this year... This is turning into a National Level event and we've been working super extra hard to bring you things that are leaps and bounds above what we've been doing in the past. Some of the news you will see right away and some of it is huge surprises you never thought would happen to be released as it unfolds (trust me... big things are coming from this amazing Board of Directors).
Anyway, to some of the excitement that we can release right now... We have three outstanding National Level Presenters coming to camp this year. First up is Franklin Veaux and Eve Rickert who will be presenting and doing a book signing on their latest masterpiece "More Than Two"
Franklin Veaux has been ideologically polyamorous his entire life, functionally polyamorous since 1984, and writing about polyamory since 1998. Monogamy has never made much sense to him.
He started practicing non-monogamy from the moment he started becoming aware that boys and girls are different. Today, he has five partners, lives in Portland, Oregon, and spends a great deal of time writing about everything from relationship ethics to transhumanism to computer security. His new polyamory book “More Than Two,” co-written with Eve Rickert, has just been published.
Eve Rickert is a professional writer, editor and mastermind, and the co-author, with Franklin Veaux, of the newly released polyamory book More Than Two. Until taking time off from life to write the book, she co-organized a group for poly women in Vancouver, Canada and she blogs at the More Than Two website
Next up, the wicked smart and talented Sarah Sloane (seriously, even we had no idea what this gal would bring to the table and we are impressed... so much so, that we almost can't choose what we'd like her to present)
Sarah Sloane is an sexuality and relationship educator and author from Chicago, IL. She has written extensively online: a monthly column, “Dear Sarah”, at Fearless Press, blog entries for MyPleasure, articles and how-to’s for SexIs Magazine, as well acted as the Contributing Editor of Tristan Taormino’s newsletter, The Double T. Her writing has been included in Lee Harrington’s book, Rope, Bondage and Power, as well as Ultimate Guide to Kink: BDSM, Role Play, and the Erotic Edge, edited by Tristan Taormino.
And for those of you who read all the way to the end here... here is one item that you have all been waiting so patiently for... a sneak peek at our schedule of workshops and activities. We've released this on our FB page, so jump over if you want to see what's the latest and greatest for this season!"

Back