Not our day

DarthJMM

Well, M and I had a decent day, but some annoying things happened. Ok, we're a bit klutzy from time to time (hey, who isn't, right?) but today, geez we were bad. Well, M and I took her dad to an appointment, and M had one after herself, so wedropped her off and her dad and I and M's brother (who is in town for a couple days) went to get lunch. Naturally, M left her phone in the car, so I told her dad I'd just go to the Dr office and wait for her to be done. So, I have to use the bathroom before I go, and of course, I knock my cell off the shelf into the toilet (AFTER flushing, thankfully) So, I take it to Sprint, as it's acting up, with water, all I can do is put in an insurance claim (joy, $200 deductible on a Galaxy Note5) and go to where M is ordering food. Poor M knocks a sign over, and damn near squirts sauce on herself. (to be fair, who the heck uses coffee dispensers for sauce?)

So now, my phone is off for 48 hours with silica gel packs to see if it dries out. Thank goodness that we have S as a Facebook friend, so that I can get in touch with her through Messenger. I don't want her to worry and she's supposed to spend the weekend with us.

Fun day, huh?:D

I know, right? We are so dependent on them today, it's not even funny. M forgot and sent me a text instead of using Messenger, and S has been pretty good about remembering, but she and I tend to use both interchangeably, anyway.

I'm one of the few fogies left in this world who doesn't rely on his phone. I only have a phone because certain family members insisted I get one, for connecting at airports and whatnot. I call my phone a "dumbphone," and usually leave it at home. I'm attached to my laptop so, that's "good enough" for me.

it does help me keep track of the girls' schedules, so we can plan things, and the three of us text more than call anyway

Back