Writer seeking poly advice for a novel

Niteowl01

Hi,
I am a writer working on a new novel that touches on the topic of polyamory and I'd like to find a few folks to review sections of the story and give me their feedback. I'd like to know how accurately I'm portraying the aspects of polyamory as it's generally practiced here in the US.

I myself am not poly and only know of it through some internet browsing and from that TV series. I don't for a moment expect that anything on TV can be an accurate representation of real-life so I'm very open to input from folks actually living in the lifestyle.

In my story, I have a conversation where poly is compared to other 'alternative family units' such as polygamy. I think I have the basics right but want to get some feedback. The story centers on three young people who are considering forming a 'pod'. Two women and one man.

Let me know if you'd like to read an excerpt and provide some feedback and how I can get in touch with you. Thanks!

Niteowl01

Last edited:
I certainly wouldn't mind giving it a read and providing you with feedback - if you don't mind hearing an honest and detailed answer (not just of the content but of the delivery).

If you have the sections online (Google docs or some hosting website) you can PM me a link. If you would rather send a document you can PM me and I can give you an email address to send it to.

JaneQ

PS. I am a voracious reader, my personal library consists of over 2000 volumes - predominantly science fiction. I do write book reviews for the website I use for cataloging my library (LibraryThing) which are generally well received by other readers (if not necessarily by the author).

Im game to read and review too!

PM me the info or if you want my email.

I review my sister's novels all the time, and am a big reader. I've been poly for 4 years (well all my life I guess, but practicing for 4)

Still looking for a little feedback

Hi,
I've had a few folks respond to my request for poly 'experts' to provide some feedback on a story with a poly theme - thanks so much!

I would be happy to share the excerpt from the novel, which is in the running for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest, with a few more folks for comment and suggestions.

Please let me know through PM if you're interested. More info on the first post in the thread.

Nite

Back