Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Starting your own poly group would be great, or get with the organizers and see about setting up alternate meeting locations. It takes us 30 minutes to get anywhere around here . However, I wasn't necessarily talking about a poly group - any group where you can share interests of any kind and find people to connect with. I joined a re-enactment group, I like history, sewing and camping, it works - talk about a group full of alternate lifestyles and sci-fi geeks that like to sew and make things .
Well I might have a job (career really) after I go back for a working interview Thursday. I'm not complaining because I do love the spread of my kids (15, 8 almost & 2). The kids take up different parts of the day & evening (15 yo is very much a hardcore soccer player year round-went to Hawaii in June), then trying to fit dinner in & then dh is a chef so his hours are whacked. I'll figure it out & if they offer the position to me, then I'll meet new people.

Last edited by alibabe_muse; 08-28-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:49 PM

There are so many things in this thread that resonant with me. My situation has been similar right down to the OKC envy, my anxieties and the dating mania of my partner. She has been very understanding and helpful to me in terms of throttling back her activities to give me time to process.

There has been some discussion of NRE that I really disagree with, however. I'm don't deny that people may have had bad experiences with NRE but whether it is good or bad depends on the people involved and how they handle it. Truly it is a chemical high but I believe in responsible drug use!

NRE has been a benefit to our primary relationship most of the time. I feel more attractive, sexy and horny towards my primary. We both try to ride the wave, so to speak and benefit from the feelings.

There have been some difficult moments. I went to dinner with my partner and her new bf. They spent the time giggling at each other (for full disclosure, she thinks I was over-reacting) and I felt very left out and excluded. It was not a good evening. I finally said something about taking off so they could enjoy their time together and they changed their behavior for the rest of the dinner. Honestly I could have handled it better. But at least I did say something about how I was feeling and they responded.

Now I am on the other side of the coin at the early stages of new relationship and experiencing the NRE high. But I'm working hard to avoid the pitfalls and enjoy the process with my primary.

My point is that the NRE, like sex, is fun and, used responsibly, benefits everyone involved.

Dino
--Her BF A: poly male
My GF: K1 - poly female, sub
My GF: K2 - poly female, sub
Various FWBs
Old 10-26-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdguitarguy View Post
There are so many things in this thread that resonant with me. My situation has been similar right down to the OKC envy, my anxieties and the dating mania of my partner. She has been very understanding and helpful to me in terms of throttling back her activities to give me time to process.

There has been some discussion of NRE that I really disagree with, however. I'm don't deny that people may have had bad experiences with NRE but whether it is good or bad depends on the people involved and how they handle it. Truly it is a chemical high but I believe in responsible drug use!

NRE has been a benefit to our primary relationship most of the time. I feel more attractive, sexy and horny towards my primary. We both try to ride the wave, so to speak and benefit from the feelings.

There have been some difficult moments. I went to dinner with my partner and her new bf. They spent the time giggling at each other (for full disclosure, she thinks I was over-reacting) and I felt very left out and excluded. It was not a good evening. I finally said something about taking off so they could enjoy their time together and they changed their behavior for the rest of the dinner. Honestly I could have handled it better. But at least I did say something about how I was feeling and they responded.

Now I am on the other side of the coin at the early stages of new relationship and experiencing the NRE high. But I'm working hard to avoid the pitfalls and enjoy the process with my primary.

My point is that the NRE, like sex, is fun and, used responsibly, benefits everyone involved.

Dino
As an outsider to such things, I totally agree, and think this was well said.
My Twisted Story... http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61388

Tags
dating, fwb, married and dating, married and polyamorous, married dating, meeting people, nre, poly vs. open, poly vs. swinging, sex