The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Do you ever have your son on a day when he doesn't have homework?

Yes Kevin. I often work from home and then I can fetch him from school. to be fair, we did have 2 hrs together today. I packed a little picnic, went down to the river, and we sat on the bench and played board games and cards for an hour + , before we went home to do the homework.

My frustration is that, if tradition and the law were not on the mums side so much, I might have seen him this afternoon AND had a soccer game tonight. but its not to be, she can tell me to come and go whenever she wants when its her house involved, and when the legal access agreement is for me to only see him on a Wed night and every 2nd weekend. So even though I dont like it, and I dont see the point of everything separated, I have to suck it up and shut up mostly.

Well FWIW, I have an older brother who went through a divorce and was just treated awful (by the courts -- as well as by his ex) in numerous ways and in particular with respect to how long and often (briefly and seldom are better words) he was allowed to see his kids. I don't remember the details (and didn't follow them as closely as I should have at the time), but I definitely remember the Law totally siding with the mother's interests. On top of that, my brother (an engineer no less) was reduced to utter penury by court-mandated payments. I mean the whole backstory of the divorce was that she was sleeping around on him for crying out loud. Yet she was the one who the court trusted 100% to have all the perks and privileges with their kids.

Yeah its the same here in the UK. The financial damage is also awful, i wouldnt say punitive in my case, but its difficult.

Kinda pissy actually. That's how I'm doing.

I'm DONE with kids and their attitudes.

DONE.

Seriously NOT Happy about it.

Between the snarky responses I get from some of them, and the outright refusal from others, to the silent just stoppage, to the big sad eyes and tears... I'm done.

I either want to be a full time parent so I can PARENT these kids or I want someone else to step in and do it.

Because I'm DONE.

(for the moment. ask me again tomorrow)

Had a lovely time with my boy. I fetched him from school, and went down to the local canal here near London, and had a paddle in our inflatable kayak, Then a picnic dinner and a bit of a swim. A truly special evening. Kinda makes up for the bad feelings I had yesterday.

That's awesome.

And azorkanesbrat, are you still done? I hope not ...

Had a lovely time with my boy. I fetched him from school, and went down to the local canal here near London, and had a paddle in our inflatable kayak, Then a picnic dinner and a bit of a swim. A truly special evening. Kinda makes up for the bad feelings I had yesterday.

Glad you had some good quality time, bassman. It's nice to see you back here again!

Lots going on: still dealing with mom's estate, a bathroom project that is hitting roadblocks (which I expected), general build-up of stuff I can't get to because of the other stuff...

BUT... some time out tonight with friends from work to see The English Beat at a local venue that I love. It's the venue's 10th anniversary concert, and they've got a cookout beforehand included in the ticket price (and, since it's BYOB, I plan to hit the market beforehand and pick up some beverages). Should be a fun show.

Tomorrow, back to the grind... tonight, some good ol' Skankin' - old school style! ;)

Busy busy with work and school. Sam got a job at the haunted house so we'll be losing our Saturday nights until November. I'll miss him but I'm really glad you got this opportunity so I'm support of of his endeavors also I think that extra time at home with Nate will be really good for our marriage. Nate had some troubles with adjusting to me having a second love but lately he's been extremely affectionate towards me in a really good mood, I feel like we're in a really good place now.

Sam and I are going at the end of the month Ren Faire we are going to have a commitment ceremony there I'm really excited it'll be our first trip away together and something we had planned for a while. it will be 8 months into our relationship, but it's really important for Sam to feel more secure in our relationship but I'm willing to do this with him

I should be freaking out!

OK, so the husband and I finally had the "come to Jesus" poly discussion. While trying to solve some of his phone issues I came across a fb pm, which confirmed what I had suspected for some time, he's been having an affair. I've suspected this kind of thing for years, he denied it, blah, blah, blah... Anyway, the conversation started "So, do I get to have a lover too?" Oh, the look on his face, he fucking knew he'd been caught. I fessed up to seeing his fb pm, and actually called him on some shit he said about me that was so NOT fair, regarding last weekend.

I should be freaking out "OMG! My husband is/was cheating on me, etc." I'm not! Then again, I really already knew some how. He's a bit confused and doesn't know how to deal with the fact that I said I'm ok with his relationship as long as there's no more secrets (but I don't need details). He hasn't been neglecting the family or me. He's been playing safe. I just went ape-shit over the secrets and lies, which is also his automatic default for everything unpleasant to talk about :(. He is having trouble admitting that he likes men, which I also suspected for a long time and knew would be an issue. Let's face it we both grew up in extremely Fundy Christian households. There's 48 years of programing to unlearn.

The three of us met Lotus for lunch today as she was driving past the area to meet a friend. Food was so GOOD!

I went to the State fair yesterday with my sister-in-law and her sister. Had a lot of fun. Dogs are barking though.

Had a really great weekend with my boy, Saturday went to Brighton beach, and Sunday to a bird park with him, what fun !

I like birds. :) Except when they poop on me. :mad:

Hungover today.

Went out for a drink and some appies at the bar of a local restaurant last night and started talking to this guy who came in a little after I did. We hit it off, great convo, lots of fun, he kept buying me more drinks, then went for some more booze and food downtown (we were pretty drunk and never should've gotten into his car, but...), and lastly made out hot and heavy just before he dropped me off. Why is it that my tits always find their way into a guy's mouth whenever I go out with someone? I wasn't even wearing a low-cut shirt. Well, anyway, we touched base today and I am hoping we see each other again. He is so funny, cool, and cute! And we "get" each other, it seemed.

If I wasn't so hungover, I'd be jumping up and down with excitement.

Edited later to add:
We texted and talked today, and are both in agreement that we had fun and want to do it again, but with a little less to drink! :) The chemistry and attraction between us was through the roof, so I am pretty certain we will get it on next time we see each other.

Meantime, feeling a little disappointed about not hearing from my beau, the one I started seeing recently, who usually gets in touch with me on Wednesdays. :( Missing him a bit. Oh well, maybe we'll touch base tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back