Cameron Diaz: 'Monogamy Doesn't Work, Would Having Multiple Partners Be So Bad?'

Cameron Diaz has revealed that she doesn’t think monogamy is for her, and instead would rather have “lots of lovers”.
The actress said in a recent interview that she thinks couples now expect too much from each other, and says we should treat our romantic relationships more like we treat our friendships.....

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5151844

Heh, I knew there was a reason why I liked Cameron Diaz. ;)

I will give her that, except I think she is more for the Hollywood marriage things, not the families most of us are involved with. Not that 3 adults or more can not make a family. Considering the dismal success of monogamy, Poly needs a chance

I will give her that, except I think she is more for the Hollywood marriage things, not the families most of us are involved with.
"Most of us?" What a strange statement. Hmm, how do you know whether most of "us" (us who? poly people in general? members of this forum?) are "involved with" or want familes? My experience with most poly people I meet has been different. Many are child-free by choice, like I am, past childbearing age and an empty nester or no longer interested in raising a family, or adamantly opposed to the whole poly family/tribe/commune idea.

Last edited:
[raises hand] Child-free by choice here.

Chidlfree too (the "free" implies "by choice" to me, otherwise it would be "childless") but I'm most definitely into the "family" kind of poly, not solopoly at all. I think there is a whole variety of poly people, I'm not sure I could tell what most of us want though.

"Most of us?" What a strange statement. Hmm, how do you know whether most of "us" (us who? poly people in general? members of this forum?) are "involved with" or want familes? My experience with most poly people I meet has been different. Many are child-free by choice, like I am, past childbearing age and an empty nester or no longer interested in raising a family, or adamantly opposed to the whole poly family/tribe/commune idea.

OK, change most to many.

It's interesting when Hollywood celebs say things that the mainstream press really can't grasp. I really like that article.

She's poly and bi...? Why not, she's just a California hippie surfer chick.

I get so tired of all the focus on coupling and marriage in our culture. I didn't even get too excited about same sex marriage being legalized, frankly.

She's poly and bi...? Why not, she's just a California hippie surfer chick.

True. This stuff has been part of daily life in certain pockets of our culture for decades. "Settling down" was the radical move when I was a California teen in the 70s. Open and fluid sexuality is so much more prevalent and accepted than the media reflects. It's the worst kept secret of our times.

Back