Hello everyone!

NuOmicron

Hello everyone!

I'm here because I think I might be polyamorous, and it's both confusing and exciting to consider that as a possibility. All my life I've felt I have a different perspective on love and sex than most. I've often felt the impression that many people seem to think of love as a resource that can run out, sort of. That if one loves one person, there will be less love for someone else. I don't feel that way. I feel the more I love, the more love there is to give to the people and things I like. And to me that's something beautiful, that I really love about myself.

I don't know if it's common to think that way, or if it's a polyamoury-thing. I guess I've come here to find out if I really am polyamorous or not, and if I am so, how I should live my life to not hurt myself or the people I love.

I'd love to talk to some of you who are more experienced about how you found out and what you think about love, sex and relationships and all that.

So yeah, if you're interested in talking about it, just PM me!

Hi Omicron,

Welcome to the forums! You have indeed described the positive aspects of polyamory.

Have a look at some of the other threads here, especially the poly relationships corner and general poly discussions, as well as the golden nuggets. Welcome aboard.

Shaya

Greetings NuOmicron,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You might find Life stories and blogs particularly interesting, it contains many accounts of how people got started in poly. My blog can be found at http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=257039#post257039

I also suggest you read Franklin Veaux's Poly FAQ, it may help you to decide whether you are polyamorous.

Glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Nuomicron - welcome to the forum! If you have specific topics or questions that you would like to see discussed, let me suggest posting them over on the "Poly Relationships Corner" section - generally lots of activity there. Best of luck on your poly journey! Al

Back