Now casting new polygamy show..

NOW CASTING:

A major Cable Production Company is currently seeking Polygamist couples seeking a new wife/wives.

Are you a married Polygamist looking to find your second, third, fourth or even fifth wife?
If so, please email our Casting Producer at [email protected] right away!

What if I'm looking for my sixth wife? ;)

Oh for pete's sake, find a new theme, something that hasn't been done a zillion times before.

This. And there aren't any polygamists on this board.

What if I'm looking for my sixth wife? ;)

You missed it. This was extreme sarcasm. Kevin is in a MFM V.

All the more better!

Gross! Why is more better? Um, ratings? Every man's dream, to have a harem? So sexist, so anti feminist. Nothing to do with POLYAMORY.

When it comes to casting for television shows, we would appreciate more information on the production company and intent of the producers, with more than just an email address. You are asking people to out themselves publicly, which could cause a lot of harm in their personal lives.

Since this board is for polyamorists, rather than polygamists, and it's illegal to be married to more than one person, I highly doubt you'll get any bites.

There is one woman here who IDs as a polygamist, since she has one legal husband, another man she is handfasted with, and a live in boyfriend. Of course, the state recognises her as married to one man.

I remember we had one guy here a few years back who had a harem of sorts, several of whom were exotic dancers. They had constant fights, jealousies, drug issues, etc. They were miserable. All you'd see as a producer looking for ratings is-- sexy catfights, woohoo, let me film that! We saw a sad fucked up life.

Why isn't polygamy considered polyamory on this forum?
Polygamy is simply a lopsided form of polyamory.You may disagree with the sexist nature, that doesn't change it is in fact polyamory. Accepting the tbings you like while looking down on others you don't....hmmm, seems alot like how polys can be treated in other forums, are we not here to escape conformist judgement?

I came here for open minded discussions, not judgement of this type of polyamory or that one.
Love many, the basis of polyamory.
This is suplosed to be open minded (see: non-judgemental) community.
If a person chooses to have many commited diads, and every adult is willing, why are you judging them?

I would assume those living an alternate lifestyle wouldn't be so quick to judge other also living an alternate lifestyle if they so choose.

Also of note, I xisagree with the sexist nature of current polygamists. However I supoort every adults right to choose without being judged.
Also, poly/plig shows are terrible and sow misinformation about the style of relationships.

I only want to add that I saw this and thought:

"Dude, where is that one guy with the lion pride organism castle thing and the champagne and pink lamborghinis?"

*sigh* It was too good to be true. I'd like to see a show based off of him, something like "Portlandia." It'd be fantastic.

I am also thinking of what I've read about John McAfee's poly lifestyle. He had seven girlfriends at one point, but only three of them made any serious attempts to end his life.

I don't think anyone has any serious criticism of individuals who practice polygamy (or whatever as long as it's all among consenting adults, just in general)...but it is tiresome that every show casting we hear about that is poly-related, is all about one guy and multiple women. As though that's the only way people poly. Because they figure that's what the normals want to see, I guess? *shrug* ??

PolyCurious, I don't think anyone was dissing people who consider themselves married to more than one of their loves. It was more to do with the attitude of the "talent scout" and her show. They just want an extreme group "ripped from the headlines", based around one man, to exhibit in a sensational way. They would no doubt be happier if it turns out to be some slightly culty situation.

Leetah

Can't disagree that the show they make will over sensationalize sex, focus on drama, and cast a dishonest light to whatever they show.
However, as much as we like to blame the studio, they make what sells.

Unfortunately society loves to feast on the same things they claim to disapprove of.

While I will most definitely not watch the show, I will hear people discuss it at work. I cannot correct the errors or explain to them the reailty as I could damage my professional career.
While my boss would not really care too much individually, our investors are EXTREMELY conservative.

In the end, society is to blame.

Re:
"In the end, society is to blame."

PolyCuriousTwo, you're right. It will be a long time before the vast majority is ready to understand polyamory. Polygamy is misunderstood too, most people don't put in the effort to learn about it.

Why isn't polygamy considered polyamory on this forum?

Polygamy means married to more than one, which is illegal in this country. It is most often practiced by Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints, who live in isolated areas where the police are also in favor of polygamy. Many, if not most, marriages are of underage girls or women under 20, who are traded by men to each other to solidify contacts that benefit the men. These young "wives" have no power and are repeatedly forced into pregnancy to keep them from breaking free.

It also harms young men, since the older men take all the young women/girls for themselves in plural marriages. Young men of 20 or less are exiled, set out on the road to fend for themselves.

Lyle Jeffs, a leader of this cult, is on the run from the law. His brother Warren is serving a lifetime in prison.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-leader-run-sliding-monitor-article-1.2681618

Polygamous Sect Leader Wanted by FBI

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
The leader of a polygamous sect awaiting a federal fraud trial has escaped custody in Utah and is running from authorities 10 years after his fugitive brother was caught.

Lyle Jeffs, a bishop of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, was released from jail earlier this month and was under house confinement before fleeing sometime this weekend.

Jeffs, whose brother and former church head Warren is in prison for sexually assaulting two underage girls he claimed were his “spiritual wives,” was arrested along with other sect leaders in February.

The 11 arrested were accused of stealing and laundering millions in federal benefits including food stamps, though Jeffs, 56, was let out earlier this month ahead of his trial.

Polygamy is simply a lopsided form of polyamory.You may disagree with the sexist nature, that doesn't change it is in fact polyamory. Accepting the things you like while looking down on others you don't....hmmm, seems a lot like how polys can be treated in other forums, are we not here to escape conformist judgement?

I came here for open minded discussions, not judgement of this type of polyamory or that one.

Modern polyamory is based in feminism and needs to be separated from the sexist patriarchal form wherein women were, and still are, held as slaves or property.

Love many, the basis of polyamory.
This is supposed to be open minded (see: non-judgmental) community.
If a person chooses to have many committed dyads, and every adult is willing, why are you judging them?

I would assume those living an alternate lifestyle wouldn't be so quick to judge other also living an alternate lifestyle if they so choose.

Polygamy often involves non-consent, in the USA and around the world.

Also of note, I disagree with the sexist nature of current polygamists. However I support every adults right to choose without being judged.
Also, poly shows are terrible and sow misinformation about the style of relationships.

You just answered your own question.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm waaay tired of people defending polygamy with sweeping airheaded statements about peace/love/understanding & moral high grounds & "it's all pretty much the same thing." Well, :p

For the advancement of such (nothing personal) nimrods, I hear there's this Interwebs thing where you can look at some sorta searching engine or like that, & get all kinds of information, much of it an accurate representation of general consensus reality. But here's a brief summary.

It's not the gender proportions that bug us -- there's plenty of FMF triads & vees about.

It's not the crypto-slavery attitude that bugs us -- quite a few of us have friends who are to some degree happy in their master/slave kinkiness. Maybe there's women of sound mind who simply enjoy that sense of security that most of us would quickly find stifling & outright maddening... but my kinks aren't your kinks & c'est la vie.

What bugs ME is that institutional polygamy is creepy mind-control cultism, like Monogamism gone cancerous. Women are indoctrinated from birth into needing this sort of structure. Deprogramming them would be like taking a 19th-century Paiute tribesman & dropping him in the middle of today's Times Square.

And so we make it entertainment.

:confused:

And shows are produced that show some of the hassles but generally whitewash the fundamental assumptions -- that would be Big Love.

And people assume that's what polyamory is all about. And they show up here demanding the secrets of how to get THEIR assorted HBB sister-wives.

IMNSHO, anyone who wants to say ANYTHING nice about polygamy ought FIRST to read up a little on the FLDS.

I've yet to meet an apologist who independently realised that, with females (one hesitates to call 'em women) a tightly contrrolled commodity within that community, most boys are surplusage, useful for the work you can get out of them, but needing to be dumped before they can be competition with Dad's church buddies. Imagine being a (for lack of a better term) mother who's so brainwashed that she will readily exile her own son. They even have a word for it.
"Lost boys" is a term used for young men who have been excommunicated or pressured to leave polygamous Mormon fundamentalism groups... by adult men to reduce competition for wives within such sects, usually when they are between the ages of 13 and 21.

It has been reported by former members that the FLDS Church has excommunicated more than 400 teenage boys for offenses such as dating or listening to rock music.

Some former members claim that the real reason for these excommunications is that there are not enough women for each male to receive three or more wives. Six men, aged 18 to 22, filed a conspiracy lawsuit against Jeffs and Sam Barlow, a former Mohave County deputy sheriff and close associate of Jeffs, for the "systematic excommunication" of young men to reduce competition for wives.

While some boys leave by their own choice, many are ostensibly banished for conduct such as watching a movie, watching television, playing football, or talking to a girl. Some boys are told not to return unless they can return with a wife. One estimate is that between 400 and 1,000 boys and young men have been pressured to leave for such reasons.

Boys in these sects are commonly raised not to trust the outside world, and may be taught that leaving their communities is a sin worse than murder. These boys are usually left with little education or skills applicable to life outside of their community of birth, and must learn to live in a society about which they know little, while dealing with the consequences of being shunned by their families, and believing they are beyond spiritual redemption. The families of banished boys are told that the boys are now dead to them.

Warren Jeffs has repeatedly alluded to the 19th-century teaching of "blood atonement" in church sermons. Under the doctrine, certain serious sins, such as murder, can only be atoned for by the sinner's death. There was concern that one of the sins requiring blood atonement is apostasy.
Hint: "lost boys" are apostate.
Apostasy is the formal disaffiliation from, or abandonment or renunciation of a religion by a person.
They are sinners left to die, rather literally.

So, no, I will not roll over & "play nice" with defenders of polygamy.

Last edited:
I only want to add that I saw this and thought:

"Dude, where is that one guy with the lion pride organism castle thing and the champagne and pink lamborghinis?"

*sigh* It was too good to be true. I'd like to see a show based off of him, something like "Portlandia." It'd be fantastic.

The Lamborghini Lionman was the first thing I thought of too! I'm not gonna lie, I would watch the hell out of that show.

The Lamborghini Lionman was the first thing I thought of too! I'm not gonna lie, I would watch the hell out of that show.

Can I add that I always picture him as "70's Used Car Salesman Guy" in my mind? Like, shades, balding, Magnum PI moustache, chest hair and gaudy gold necklace all the way? On roller skates?

Hey baby...come join my organism...

:D

And the idea he was pitching (I hope not seriously) was like listening to some kind of timeshare meets pyramid scheme, only more creepy...

Yeah, it would make a hilarious show. Oh! Wait! It should star Bruce Campbell. Then it could have a cheesy B-horror, double agent action show twist! That would be sweet...

And the idea he was pitching (I hope not seriously) was like listening to some kind of timeshare meets pyramid scheme, only more creepy...

Yeah, it would make a hilarious show. Oh! Wait! It should star Bruce Campbell. Then it could have a cheesy B-horror, double agent action show twist! That would be sweet...

This needs to be a thing. Like, right now. :D

Can someone link the Lamboghini Lionman posts? I totally missed it!

Back