Dream

Believe in nightmares? I have them sometimes so I don't need to believe in them. But maybe you are asking if they tell the future in some way? Or have some other impact?

Nightmares cause stress and upset, and mar the quality of one's sleep. That's bad enough.

That sounds awful and very scary. I'm sorry you are experiencing that.

Google 'sleep paralysis' when you can. You might it helpful. And you are not alone. Many people have had similar experiences.

I have something weird that happens to me when I sleep. I like to interlock my fingers while going to sleep, but I've learned not to, because if I do it, I have this weird nightmare like the circulation is being cut off in my fingers, and I can't pull them apart because I can't wake up.

Just thought I'd mention it ...

I only have nightmares when I get too hot in my sleep. And I've been told I "run hot" and that sleeping next to me is like sleeping next to a furnace, even under very normal conditions...so "too hot" for me is probably approaching an unsafe level of overheating, and I imagine the nightmares are my body's own safety mechanism to wake me up.

It's a theory anyways.

3 years ago I had nightmares almost every night..I think they can cause a strong emotional response from the mind, typically fear but also despair, anxiety and great sadness.

Back