The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Or it will wake you up at 3am and you'll have to get out of bed to write it down because you won't be able to sleep if you don't :D

haha This happens a tonne. I used to fight it. It kept me up. It was a big reason for my insomnia. I ended up writing the stuff out. Worked shockingly well. Way better than warm milk. hahaha :D

Oooo I remembered. I just went back to an old bike forum I spent many years on. I was one of the first members and ran it for a long time.

Feels like home. Good to see not much has changed in the world of biking. Politics and the usual suspects. Might even retake my admin duties. I miss laying the smack down..

Made me crack a smile. Feels good to be getting back to the things I am good at.

A date!! A date!!!

Getting ready to meet a guy with whom I've corresponded a few times on OKC. We're meeting at Starbuck's (NOT my favorite place to meet, but oh well) a few blocks from where I live. He seems really nice, and he's cute, so I hope it goes well. Would be nice to have a local guy in my life, instead of Yonkers or out of state, although he is in Brooklyn which is an hour on the subway.

Ah, it was so easy with Shorty - he lives in Manhattan like I do.

Anyway, gotta go and pretty up. <giddy>

nycindie - hope your date goes great tonight!! :)

As for me - not doing so great. Worried, frustrated, worn out, stressed, confused, angry. Nothing poly or marriage related, mostly family stuff, health and work related. It just hasn't been a good day. :( :mad:

Going to bed and looking forward to a better day tomorrow. Taking my Mom and daughter to dinner and to see Cirque du Soleil's Totem tomorrow night. Really excited to see it! :) And we have a new cousin being born as we speak. So excited for them! :) Good night, all!!

Oh yeah, that happens to me all the time. I remember once, when . . . hang on, there's the doorbell . . . okay, I'm back, er, uh . . . whawuzzisayin'?
... SQUIRREL!!!! hahaha

Sorry, funny movie flashback.

Doing good today too. Dreaming of riding. (Yes I know, I obsess.) With one bike fixed and another to go, I should be able to get in some rides before I leave again.

While I don't ride trails like this at this point, yet, I remember when I could. (This is in north Van for those familiar with the area.)

http://vimeo.com/24366819

Filmed by an old friend of mine. :) Can't believe how much he has improved over the last few years.

Last edited:
Just went back to an old bike forum I spent many years on.

Bicycle or motorbike?

I need to get my bicycle up and running. The seriously dangerous traffic in this town has had a discouraging effect. >sigh< I swear, half the car-drivers in this town don't seem to realize they should actually be looking where they are going.

Well, we dodged a bullet yesterday. Huge tornadoes hit central Mass, but we are too far north. Whew! We did lose power this morning for an hour, I am not sure why.

Getting packed to go to Philly to the Transhealth Conference. Not looking forward to the 6 hour drive, but looking forward to Philly! I went to college there, and so did one of my daughters. It's always a nice trip down memory lane.

NYCindie, I'm sorry your date last night was meh.

finally exchanged pics with my email guy, (he sent his first, we'll see what he thinks of mine...)

will be looking for apartments in what will soon be my new hometown this weekend with the hubby :D

Late night working when I should be spending time with Pengrah before she takes off for the weekend. Amazingly bad timing for shit to go wrong.

*sigh* I had a good day today. It's becoming a regular thing. I found out more details on work, so I am pretty stoked.

Sunny day, relaxed and happy-ish! I will be much happier when my coffee is finished and cup firmly in hand!:D Looking forward to my day!!!

Day One of my participation in a sleep study, I had to fill out a questionnaire about my sleeping last night (what time did I go to bed, how long did it take to fall asleep, did I wake up during the night, etc.). I'm still in the screening phase and will know in a couple of days if I'm accepted. I had a four-hour medical intake exam yesterday. The study requires a few overnight stays where they hook me up to monitors and record my sleeping. I hope they accept me. This study pays a little under $1400 for about two to three weeks' involvement.

Fingers crossed!!!

Fell on my ass at derby. Full on, flat on my back, knocked the wind out of me fall.

Hoping that the bruise on my ass blooms nicely ;)

Was a fun night :p

It hardly seems worth the fall when you have nothing to show for it :)

Damn tired. Must have slept off a bit.

After rejoining my old bike forum, a few of us old timers have come out of the woodwork. Now talking about a reunion of sorts. Need to pick a spot and then plan a trip for a weekend of non-alcoholic beer and biking. Always good to catch up with old friends..

Pengrah is away for the weekend visiting family. So I have the place to myself. Some more time alone is good for the soul. haha

I have my cousin coming up tomorrow and I am going to drag him around some Whistler trails and do some good riding, much needed abuse of the body.

I am doing really good. I probably shouldn`t be/ Lots of things here and there going on, that should be throwing a curveball into my life, but aren`t... so far. :p

Looking forward to my dinner-date with hubby tomorrow night. Then we are meeting up with a good friend and heading out to see a cover band and have some fun. Can`t wait! It`s so nice to have a trustworthy nanny/sitter again.

Back