Weight loss support

gamer-I didn't run a lick when I was losing weight. I was too large breasted to even CONSIDER it in light of my neck injury.
I just walked and got to where I was walking fairly quickly-but the biggest thing was walking until I was tired-every time. ;)

You can do it!

Got a 45 minute walk in on Saturday, prior to my kids baseball game:D. Ended up spending most of the day outdoors and totally fried my chest, arms and legs. :(

gamer-I didn't run a lick when I was losing weight. I was too large breasted to even CONSIDER it in light of my neck injury.
I just walked and got to where I was walking fairly quickly-but the biggest thing was walking until I was tired-every time. ;)

You can do it!

Hi LR! Yes, I too amd very large breasted..No amount of sports bra combinations works short of duct taping them down, haha. My back kills me if I run, but if I take a steady pace on the elliptical it's not so bad. I'm going to get in that walking tonight to start! I was having trouble doing the 3 flights of stairs to thr new place we moved to, but I can do those with no problem and actually enjoy doing it because I know it's good for me, I feel better and I've been losing some weight doing it 3-4 times a day.

My jeans are getting baggy yay:) And it's been Easter!!! And it's been rainy (hard to walk) And I've had an awful cold. So really pleased after Easter holidays of visiting family etc.

Far be it from me to push products but do you have something over there called "Sensorslim" or something like it. Apparently there have been worldwide trials and very good results. I've been using it now for a couple of weeks, and no scales so can't tell exact weight loss but my jeans are definitely looser. It's a spray you spray in your mouth 10 minutes before eating and I also use it if I start to get cravings or want to emotionally eat (although since using it that has almost gone). It doesn't profess to be a miracle cure but it does help you stick to a sensible eating plan and it definitely keeps my blood sugar stable.

I have a large wardrobe of clothes I can't wear. I don't really care about weight loss on scales I just want to fit my old clothes.

Hi LR! Yes, I too amd very large breasted..No amount of sports bra combinations works short of duct taping them down, haha. My back kills me if I run, but if I take a steady pace on the elliptical it's not so bad. I'm going to get in that walking tonight to start! I was having trouble doing the 3 flights of stairs to thr new place we moved to, but I can do those with no problem and actually enjoy doing it because I know it's good for me, I feel better and I've been losing some weight doing it 3-4 times a day.

I was over an F cup-wearing size 9 jeans. So I totally hear ya. It was damn near impossible to run in an emergency! Plus a herniated disk in my neck and a bulging disk in my neck ( can ya guess what they think caused that?).

I was afraid that walking wasn't going to cut it, but I found that it was just fine. :) There were a few plateaus, those suck.

But, for the most part I just kept increasing my distance each month and trying to walk as fast as I could (go MP3 player with loud, fast dance music) and that worked out fine. I was very careful not to do anything that resulted in bounce.

SO I wore a job bra-(new balance makes the only one I ever found worth a shit-it clips around under the boobs after you put it on, so it can be loose enough to GET ON and then tight enough to stay put!). Even though the bra wasn't enough to be free to run, it did keep bounce down when walking fast. Big help.

I still wear a jog bra when I walk/run or workout, and now I'm only a B/C cup! But, it just does make a huge difference.

I was over an F cup-wearing size 9 jeans. So I totally hear ya. It was damn near impossible to run in an emergency! Plus a herniated disk in my neck and a bulging disk in my neck ( can ya guess what they think caused that?).

I was afraid that walking wasn't going to cut it, but I found that it was just fine. :) There were a few plateaus, those suck.

But, for the most part I just kept increasing my distance each month and trying to walk as fast as I could (go MP3 player with loud, fast dance music) and that worked out fine. I was very careful not to do anything that resulted in bounce.

SO I wore a job bra-(new balance makes the only one I ever found worth a shit-it clips around under the boobs after you put it on, so it can be loose enough to GET ON and then tight enough to stay put!). Even though the bra wasn't enough to be free to run, it did keep bounce down when walking fast. Big help.

I still wear a jog bra when I walk/run or workout, and now I'm only a B/C cup! But, it just does make a huge difference.

WOW!! F cup? I have no room to complain. I thought my D/DD's are too much. I totally feel for you, LR. My bf loves my boobs though and is sad to see them deflate, haha, but my back and shoulders sure won't be sad. I'm hoping when I slim down that I'll be at a full C cup and that they will firm up a bit.

I need to get that jog bra. Sounds amazing and like it's what I need. What sort of diet or regimen are you following aside from that or have you followed to get to where you are now?

Walked 6 blocks today, which is pretty damn good for me on a rainy day during my high allergy/ asthma season. Gonna do some more walking tonight since I'm on my old campus and the building I'm going to is about another block away uphill.

gamer-read through previous posts and you'll see what I did/do. ;)

I had to have a breast reduction-but I'm much happier and healthier having reduced them. Maca and GG loved them big-but they love them just fine small too. :)
Unfortunately for me, I lost 60+ lbs and they didn't shrink. LAME.

Had a fun weekend visitng SG. Played some football, running around and moving heady objects. Wasn't exactly structured activity but still had a blast with her and her family.

Nursing an old football injurty. To much over the head movement usually ens up straining my right shoulder, a few days of stiffness is worth it :)

I finally held up to going to the gym when I said I was going to, instead of making excuses to not go!

I did 20 mins. 10 on the elliptical and 10 on the bike at high intensity. It felt great. Today, more cardio and I'm going to add in some weights too.

Feeling good about this :)

Going to a gym is too much of a hassle for me. I fire up the DVDs--tai chi and ballroom dance. Low impact and very enjoyable. Should I really want to go outside, we live next to a path along a creek and I can walk it or ride the bike.

Going to a gym is too much of a hassle for me. I fire up the DVDs--tai chi and ballroom dance. Low impact and very enjoyable. Should I really want to go outside, we live next to a path along a creek and I can walk it or ride the bike.

We live right on the water, so I've been using that to my advantage and walking a lot more recently.

I think the gym time might cut into him and I time as that's our time together, so I've got to configure a new schedule for working out. I'm not a morning person at all, but I'm going to try to get myself up earlier in the morning to get that brisk walk in or to hit the treadmill.

DVD's are a good idea too, but I don't want to annoy my neighbors in the apartment below me. LOL.

Got out and did my walk for nearly an hour :D. Didn't make my 3 mile mark, but it's been a while and I'll get there. The worst part is having to cut a walk short because I have to pee :eek:

I'm irritated at myself for not going last night..or this morning. My bff called who I don't get to talk to a lot due to our schedules, so between babbling with her about her upcoming wedding and making dinner for him, I was pooped by the time 9pm rolled around. Then, I slept in. I guess I'm sort of tired after working non stop since last Wednesday with Sunday off, but not really since I was cooking and doing laundry.

I'm glad I have off tomorrow. I'll take that nice long walk and recharge. I've got to figure a way to incorporate this into my life. Seriously it should not be hard to spare 30 mins a day, but it seems almost impossible right now.

I'm so glad to see everyone taking steps to exercise more!

gameprincess, SNeacail, BrigidsDaughter, Lovingradiance - way to go!!!

Ariakis - ANY activity that makes you sweat counts as exercise in my book! ;)
Glad you enjoyed your visit with SG!

---------------------------
I haven't really done too much exercise since Sunday. I am parking farther away from stores and when I go up or down steps I clench and release my butt and leg muscles. It's not ideal - but it's something.

I have cut down on Diet Coke and am making a conscious effort to drink water. I have lost 3-4 pounds. :)

Hi folks. I'm a little overweight at the moment. I've never been on a "diet"; most of my life I've been very thin - until about 5 years ago. Last fall I weighed around 190 or so. My ideal weight is between 125 and 150 pounds. I am 5'5" tall.

Well today it's official - I lost 20 pounds since my hysterectomy! I got weighed at my annual exam and it's on record - 172 pounds! I knew I was losing because I've been weighing myself at home, and it was down to like 165 last week, but I ate at McDonalds a couple times since then as well as from the Chinese roach-coach for lunch yesterday... But all I've been doing is not keeping sugary snacks around the house, eating lots of Greek salads, and going to roller-derby once or twice a week.

Thank you for reading.

Well today it's official - I lost 20 pounds since my hysterectomy! I got weighed at my annual exam and it's on record - 172 pounds! I knew I was losing because I've been weighing myself at home, and it was down to like 165 last week, but I ate at McDonalds a couple times since then as well as from the Chinese roach-coach for lunch yesterday... But all I've been doing is not keeping sugary snacks around the house, eating lots of Greek salads, and going to roller-derby once or twice a week.

NICE!!!!

Sounds like there was some serious medical issues causing the weight gain in the first place. Glad your feeling better also.

The "serious medical issues" were lack-of-exercise-syndrome and too-much-midnight-snacking-itis.

Although I was on Depo-provera some years back and I'm sure that helped me retain weight, but I've been off the Depo longer than I was on it so it's not a valid excuse.

Last edited:
Got out and did my walk for nearly an hour :D. Didn't make my 3 mile mark, but it's been a while and I'll get there. The worst part is having to cut a walk short because I have to pee :eek:

LOL!!! Dontcha hate when that happens? I've done that too. I usually walk around the harbor where I live through this abandoned hotel and restaurant property. I swear, I've almost considered squatting behind a bush once or twice just so I could keep walking, but I never get the courage and just get home as quick as I can without bursting!

:p

Back