Re-introducing meself

Halcyeus

Hi

I was active here for a short while but stopped after my marriage ran into some trouble. My wife and I tried opening our relationship. I'd always identified as poly. My wife liked the idea in principle. Unfortunately she hated it in practice and we ended up separating. On reflection this was mostly due to us both having ridiculously long and stressful work schedules which had already strained our relationship.

Over a year after the separation things are getting much better. I still see my (ex-)wife regularly with the big difference being its not in a romantic/sexual context anymore, which is almost certainly how we will stay. She has a partner she's been with over a year. So have I, although I'm uncertain about how things will pan out.

I'm here again because I want to join in discussions and whatnot.

Welcome back! I really like how this board attracts and keeps people from very poly to very mono. I think it is because of the attitude that it is all just human relationships and everyone has experience in those to share.

Leetah

Greetings Halcyeus,
Welcome back. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sorry to hear about your breakup with your wife. It's good to hear that things are amicable between you two these days.

You can certainly join in our various discussions here, just have a look around and see what calls to you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

She has a partner she's been with over a year. So have I, although I'm uncertain about how things will pan out.

Hi and welcome back! I remember your avatar. Is the person you've been seeing for a while the same one who wouldn't allow you to kiss any new dates until after she gave the go-ahead? I was just reviewing that old thread of yours and you never updated us back then on any sort of resolution on that. Or are you seeing someone new now?

Hi and welcome back! I remember your avatar. Is the person you've been seeing for a while the same one who wouldn't allow you to kiss any new dates until after she gave the go-ahead? I was just reviewing that old thread of yours and you never updated us back then on any sort of resolution on that. Or are you seeing someone new now?

Hi nycindie. Yes, I'm still with Taphy. We haven't made much progress on moving beyond anything monogam-ish because we haven't been trying until just recently. For my part the marriage break-up, adjusting to living in a new place with new people, a dramatic change in career and going through a period of depression was challenge enough for a while.

What we're doing now is going to poly and relationship anarchy gatherings. We're also meeting up with non-monogamous people regularly, though going beyond friendly chatter has not happened yet. Taphy has a lot of stuff to worth through. A string of monogamous relationships with partners being dishonest about seeing others, being downright mean to her or suddenly ditching her has had its impact. She feels she was naturally suited to relationship anarchy when she was younger and she really wants to get back to that.

She's asked me to have faith in her vision of how relationship anarchy could work for her despite her difficulties. I've chosen to have that faith, though I also have doubts that relationship anarchy will be what she really wants once she's healed and seen what changes that makes to her needs and boundaries.

She's asked me to have faith in her vision of how relationship anarchy could work for her despite her difficulties. I've chosen to have that faith, though I also have doubts that relationship anarchy will be what she really wants once she's healed and seen what changes that makes to her needs and boundaries.
Interesting.

We have a long thread here on Relationship Anarchy and it is a great, intelligent, and truly thought-provoking discussion. Do a search and check it out!

Back