fl couple new to poly :-)

Dirtydaisy

Hi we are new to poly life ans this is the first time we have even looked at a forum. Im a 25 year old female going to school to be a teacher and my boyfriend is 40 years old. We have been together for over five years and going strong. I am bisexual female and he is a straight male. We are big homebodies but we know how to enjoy ourselves and gow on adventures whenever possible. I used to be very active and would like to get back to that one day. We are both Puerto Rican but we both arent fluent in writing spanish but we can read and speak. Im a little nervous and i tend to ramble and say lol a lot when speaking to someone. So please forgive me 😊 Ummm... Im an open book so please ask away. My boyfriend kinda keeps to himself until he gets to know someone then his charming self comes out. You might even see his funny side if he really likes you!

Hi, Dirtydaisy, and welcome to the forum!
I used to be very active and would like to get back to that one day.
If you're studying to be a teacher, you're sure to be kept active. Or did you mean some other kind of activity? :p:D
we both arent fluent in writing spanish but we can read and speak.
Pues, ¡bienvenid@s!
i tend to ramble and say lol a lot when speaking to someone. So please forgive me.
Nothing to forgive! There are loads of lols scattered all over this forum, so you should feel right at home.
Ummm... Im an open book so please ask away.
How about you fire away with any stories, questions, doubts, etc. that you want to share with us? That's the best way to kick off your activity here.

Do you and your boyfriend want to be identifiable as together on the forum? You can help that by including his user name in your signature. Or would you rather communicate with the rest of us independently of each other? Entirely up to you.

¡Que lo paséis bien!

p.s. What does the "fl" in your thread title stand for? Fluid? Flying? Freshly laundered? (Just joking :p: I know that it means "fellows of the lodge". As long as you don't reveal the secret handshake to non-fellows...)

p.p.s. If you're new to poly, there's lots of information and advice that you can get by surfing this site. For a light-hearted look at problems poly people face, you might like to check out "Stop me if you've heard this one" - clichés we've heard from non-polys

Last edited:
Greetings Dirtydaisy,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

May I ask, how did you find us? I know just googling "polyamory" doesn't do it. I was just curious.

@ MFFR ... FL = Florida I think.

@ Dirtydaisy ... I'm glad you could join us, and hope to run into more of your posts.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

@kdt26417: I'm still new enough that I remember, I found this site by googling "polyamory forum." I then did a massive heap of checking and double checking that this place had no ties to the last forum I used to post on, because the format (colors, fonts, layout, probably the essential coding used to set it up) is IDENTICAL to my former forum home that I left in great frustration.

Welcome Dirtydaisy! Fellow appreciator of (relatively) older men, here! Aren't they great? Best wishes on your poly journey!

I'm curious, because of the age difference...has he tried poly before, or are you both new to it (not just new as a couple)...?

Thank you for the warm welcome😊

@MrFarFromRight @kdt26417 @Spork

Thank you all for welcoming us. Im going to try to answer the questions you have. My bf isnt in the forum seperately but he wont really be logging into this forum i show him what i write and things i find to keep him up to date on things i learn. He is also new to the plly life. Thank you for the reading information i will definitely try to find and read them. I feel like im forgetting a question that i havent answered so forgive me i am not trying to be rude or ignore a question i just have a flaky memory. Lol well i cant wait to get to know you all better i hope you all have wonderful nights😘

Back