New Poly Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stony

Theres a new Poly community Polylife.org Looks like there just getting started. Its set up like facebook but for Poly people and has several features.

Mod Note: this site is defunct.

Last edited by a moderator:
...a naked ass next to a hand holding what looks like a used condom. I'm tripping over myself in a hurry to join that site.

I guess if you don't know the definition of "classy" but recognize it when you see it...:rolleyes:

Ummm

You guys crack me up :D

Complaining about images and being judgemental.

What a hoot.

Just Me,
Tim

P.S. thanks for the link Stony

Thanks Tim! My day is not complete until someone mentions how judgmental the people on this forum are.

Last edited:
While the pics are more sexualized then the poly machine likes to be represented by...

I will say this. Nice to see a poly site designed by someone from this century. Kudos, its clean, legible and usable. Colouring is good. Havent had a chance to sign up but that's a big selling point for me. Not sure how membership worksn, but unfortunately that's a negative for me. Not a fan of becoming a member of a site just cause. Its gotta be sold to me first ;)

I would rather a nice ass over some of ugly ole sights poly groups are using (seriosuly, yahoo groups is still an option in some peoples eyes *shudders*)

(Excuse any spelling errors, lil screen on my bb while travelling on a train)

:)

No one here said it wasn't a nice ass. If someone did say that and I missed it, please point it out to me. Thank you.

the chuckles go on forever

OldFart.jpg

Just Me,
Tim

While the pics are more sexualized then the poly machine likes to be represented by...

I will say this. Nice to see a poly site designed by someone from this century. Kudos, its clean, legible and usable. Colouring is good. Havent had a chance to sign up but that's a big selling point for me. Not sure how membership worksn, but unfortunately that's a negative for me. Not a fan of becoming a member of a site just cause. Its gotta be sold to me first ;)

I would rather a nice ass over some of ugly ole sights poly groups are using (seriosuly, yahoo groups is still an option in some peoples eyes *shudders*)

(Excuse any spelling errors, lil screen on my bb while travelling on a train)

:)

Well I would like to thank every one for there input! This site was put together by myself and some friends to support the Poly life. As with everything people have there own ideas including what represents us. Your input is very valuable! and you have made an impact to the site, Thank you! To answer your questions on membership.

Membership is free, this is a poly support site not a corp money maker and is funded by the creators and donations. It was solely created to support polyamory. The site is set up much like facebook, you can have your own picture gallery's, Blogs, Create your own Pages, Add Music, Friend IM, Chat room, Create Polls, Groups, Events and more! We hope you will take another look!

First you said this:

...Looks like there just getting started....

That sure sounds like it's someplace you found.

Then we get this:

Well I would like to thank every one for there input! This site was put together by myself and some friends to support the Poly life.

Now it appears as if you appeared here only to pimp your site and wouldn't even 'fess up at the outset that you're affiliated with the site.

So, on top of the highly sexualized images on the front page of the site--which are off-putting to a lot of folks--you can't even honestly pitch your site to those of us who might be interested? What are you hiding?

I visited the link and was welcomed by a naked ass. What's with all the sexy pics going by on the front banner? Hands grabbing tits, etc. Is that what whoever created that page thinks poly is all about? Hmmm...

I find it odd that you ask that question seeing as though your profile pic is two people locked in sexual embrace. What poly means varies from person to person and you putting your own judgements on them is unfair. If you don't agree with their evaluation that's fine but poly changes from couple to couple and person to person. Don't judge people !

My current avatar is of a statue sculpted in the 18th century. It is a work of art. If you visit my profile you will see an album with the full statue pictured. It is of a satyr and nymph, two mythical creatures. It is not meant to represent poly; it represents me and my love of classical art. Prior to that my avatar was of a big red apple with a heart carved out of it, representing me living in NYC (the Big Apple). The images greeting me on that website were a close-up of a bare ass and a hand holding a condom, and another of many hands groping a woman's breasts. Not art.

But my questioning the imagery was not about aesthetic taste. The point was that the images that were there (which I believe have now been changed, but I don't know since it's been a while since I visited that site) were all about sex. And since many polyamorists usually try to emphasize the love part and wind up trying to fight the image of poly being all about sex, due to so many confusing poly with swinging and so on, I thought those images were a tad detrimental to creating a positive face of what poly is. So I questioned it. So did some others. Big whoop.

Don't judge people !
I wasn't judging anyone. I simply asked if that was how the site's creator thought of poly, and whether the graphics used were the best choice in representing poly on the internet. In truth, I didn't give a fuck if they stayed or went..

Last edited:
If you don't agree with their evaluation that's fine but poly changes from couple to couple and person to person.

The essential characteristic of polyamory--multiple romantic relationships--doesn't change from couple to couple and person to person. Those relationships may or may not be sexual, so to represent polyamory with only highly sexualized images is rather silly.

I'm still contemplating killing this thread. While the site linked to is poly-oriented, this site does not exist simply for people to show up and pimp their own stuff. The OP of this thread hasn't returned after making all of three posts, so I don't think he has any interest in participating here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back