Greetings from Virginia

QueneSeid

Hi all!

My name is Abbi. I'm completely new to the poly community, and getting a crash course in it. I've been married for almost two years, and got my first taste of the poly lifestyle when I met my husband's best friend, who's been involved in a one-sided polyamorous relationship for several years. We started talking in-depth and I decided that I wanted to explore the polyamorous style of relationship. So, the three of us sat down and talked things out and we've established a non-sexual poly relationship between me and the best friend. As a result, I want to get to know more about the idea and practices of polyamory. It's a new concept to me--I was raised in a household where any kind of extramarital relationships, even when all parties are informed and involved, are wrong, and I'm reaching out to expand my horizons.

It's nice to meet everyone!

Greetings Abbi,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Monogamy is something of a religion in our society and it's hard to reach out past the edges of that religion. So kudos to you for being willing to give poly a try.

There's certainly a lot to learn about polyamory, so you are wise to register on Polyamory.com and have a look around. See what threads/boards call to you, and let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi there Abbi

I just wanted to say welcome

Back