Coming into my own

EmptyCloud

Hi all, EmptyCloud here. I'm not new to poly conceptually, but I am new to the romantic implementation of it.

I am (mostly) straight, with a (usually) straight partner. I first learned about the poly world and its sister concepts (CNM, ENM, swinging, open relationships etc.) from my partner, and I've developed quite an enthusiasm for it.

We have a toddler together, she is our first. We are not married, but we have one of the strongest and healthiest relationships I've seen among anyone I know, except maybe one or two.

We haven't entered into a romantic relationship with anyone else, either individually or together, but we've had a lot of awesome sexual experiences with multiples, all men. We're not opposed to other women, but as I am (mostly) straight and he is somewhat shy, there haven't been as many opportunities for that. I've had experiences with women prior to him.

I really like to challenge my own beliefs, assumptions, and behaviours, and I usually end up thinking a LOT about something before firmly standing behind it, and over the years non-monogamy has become one of those things that I firmly believe in, in the sense that I don't believe monogamy is appropriate to be enforced or the assumed default.

You may have noticed already (with the extra "u"'s) that I have a Canadian slant to my words...and you would be correct ;)

Greetings EmptyCloud,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I had a look at your blog and responded there; I'm sure you'll do fine with your poly relationships as you put a lot of thought into them ahead of time.

There's a lot of stuff you can learn reading the various threads on these boards, so have a look around, and let us know of whatever questions you may have. It's good to meet you here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back