Hello!

LadyManda

Hi, I'm LadyManda and have been kind lurking on this site for a year or two but have never posted. Truth is I am extremly scared and nervous about this!

Honestly, I don't even know if I can be poly or not since I have never had an intimate romantic relationship. I have lots of great friends, a few who even know I am interested in polyamory, but none who would be into that kind of thing.

So I am single and interested in exploring this whole thing. I love reading everything people have posted and just trying to understand more about it! From my research I've found Poly to very fascinating and amazing.

A little more about me:

I'm 24, plus size, love too read, and am crazy about fanfiction and anime (the sad, but undeniable truth! XD)

P.S. I stole my format for this post from Semienigma - they gave me the courage to finally post something so thank you Semienigma!!

Greetings LadyManda,
Welcome to our forum -- a few years belated, but welcome just the same!

Re:
"I don't even know if I can be poly or not since I have never had an intimate romantic relationship."

That means you're starting with a "clean slate." You're open-minded about polyamory so you can explore it if it comes into your life, but you don't have to feel like it's something you *have* to do. It sounds like you've done a lot of reading/studying already, so you kind of know what it takes for polyamory to work. (I say "kind of" because to me, we're all newbies at this poly business.)

I'm not much of an expert at how to find romance; I mean I've had two serious romantic relationships and been on all of three dates in almost five decades. I do know of some dating sites that you might find helpful -- if you're anxious to get started. But what experience I've had has told me that the best relationships come along when you're not looking for them. It's just a matter of getting out there and making platonic friends. You never know which friend might become more than a friend eventually.

Anyway don't be nervous, you're among friends here, just post from the heart, be yourself and have faith in the social process. Glad to have you with us!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

thnx!

Thanks very much for the reply and welcome! I am definitely less nervous now. I think I just needed to get started and have more faith in myself! I definitely will be exploring more and just trying to see what comes of all this. :) thanks again!!

Welcome, LadyManda.

I'm new here too. There's a lot to read, a lot to learn, but I'm so glad I found this site. I hope you find what you're looking for.

thnx

Thank you Seeker77 for the welcome! Welcome to you too! I'm sure I will find it at some point! There is indeed a lot to read and learn! I am looking forward to the challenge!

Back