Hi from Toronto

Lori

Hi
So I just joined tonight on the advice of my lover. I've been married 15 years and we decided to open our marriage earlier this year. I met a wonderful man this summer and I feel very happy and complete.

My husband hasn't made a connection yet and I feel badly about that.

Greetings Lori,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Women often have better luck in finding poly lovers than men do. I'm not sure why that is, but it does seem to be a pattern that we see often. I'm sure your husband will make a connection in due time; he'll just need to be patient.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay on our site; there's a lot of cool stuff you can learn here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Lori

You should not feel badly IF the decision to open up the marriage was truly made by both of you. the fact is that very few men will care about forming a relationship that becomes sexual with a married or partnered woman, but fewer women will want to do that. Men usually do have a harder time finding a partner.
That is why it is important that you two have discussed this and he understands totally what he agreed to. otherwise he will probably start to get resentful and you will have problems, especially if you were the initiator of this and he reluctantly went along, which happens a lot.
I would keep talking to him and make sure he is becoming Ok with your situation and not just tolerating it.

Opening our marriage was something I wanted but was afraid to ask for. I was feeling trapped and unhappy. I felt guilty feeling this way. My husband is a wonderful father, lover and friend. He was the one who suggested we open our marriage and of course I agreed. I was really just looking for someone for sex, believing I wouldn't find anyone I would connect with emotionally. I was fortunate enough to meet a man who is also in an open marriage. We are lovers now. My husband is comfortable with my relationship with this man and does not feel jealous or threatened. He is very supportive.

I feel badly because while he is not jealous he is envious of the relationship I have. I would like to see him meet a woman that can be a friend and lover to him. I am eager to reciprocate the support he has shown me. He has moments when he does feel frustrated. We are trying to be patient but it can be challenging at times.

There's things your husband can do to increase his odds of meeting someone -- dating sites, local poly groups, things like that. I can post some links and whatnot if you and/or he are interested. I just don't know what you guys may have already tried.

He deserves much kudos for his supportive attitude.

Back