Greetings

Rhayven

Hi Everyone,

I'm CJ, I'm female (trans, for those that care) married to an amazing woman, who has stuck by me through everything. I'm new to being poly, my wife however isn't.

Within the last year she told me that she had been in open relationships previously, but hasn't while we've been together. She describes herself as pan, whereas I'm still kind of getting used to the idea that it is OK to love more than one person (very strict and rough upbringing for me). I did try dating someone for a couple of months, but it didn't work out so well for reasons I won't bore anyone with.

I did buy Opening up & the ethical slut, which I'm trying to read through.

Apparently I have more to say than I thought, but I should probably stop here before this turns into a novel.

:)

Greetings CJ,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Heh, oh the lengths of intros I've seen. Yours is short and sweet.

Your choices of books are very good; in case you desire even more reading I can think of a few other cool/interesting/helpful titles:

• "More than Two: a practical guide to ethical polyamory," by Franklin Veaux and Eve Rickert.
  • "Sex at Dawn: how we mate, why we stray, and what it means for modern relationships," by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jethá.
You really do want to immerse yourself in as much learning you can do about poly; there's so much to learn. Keep reading and posting on this site, too; you will get the benefit of a wide and diverse range of wisdom and experience.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Kevin!

Thanks for the welcome, and the book list and information. I have a lot of reading to do and definitely want to learn more. :)

Back