Sex history calculator

My number was 93%. I, like many others, am quite surprised that the percentage is that high with not that many sexual partners. I thought that I'd be quite average. Live and learn. :)

OK I got some paper and I was 83%, damn I went with 28, but I could be wrong, it may be a senior moment

I don't get the over 18 thing, but it doesn't look like it makes a lot of difference to me...

I used my lifetime total and ignored the age restriction the first time, estimated 25 - got 97%. Re-visited - over 18, estimated 15 and got 88%.

If you look at the curve for women my age you see that a lot of people seem to be estimating - 20% of women my age are reporting 1 partner - other than that there is a bell shaped curve for 0-9, then little spikes at 10, 20, 30, 35 and 50.

PS. Curious, the scale only goes to 55 - my friend VV hit double that before she graduated from college!

Last edited:
PS. Curious, the scale only goes to 55 - my friend VV hit double that before she graduated from college!
I thought that was a strange cut-off point, too. My number is quite above that and I've been in several long-term relationships, had a monogamous marriage for almost 12 years, and had long periods of no sex with anyone, in my lifetime.

If one is single most of their life, and any long-term mono relationships aren't really too long-lasting, and there's a period in one's life where going to bars and partying is a regular thing at least 2-3 nights a week for quite some time, there are bound to be plenty one-night stands and lots of short-term flings in one's history. I mean, I've had sex with lots of people, but -- as an example... if you look at my age (55) and how long I've been sexually active (since I was 14), that is 41 years of having sex. Even with a dry spell here and there, it's not unreasonable to say that someone my age who is attractive and has been having sex for 41 years could've had sex with an average of just two people per year - and that would mean 82 sex partners. Even if I did not start having sex until 18, that would be 37 years of sex and potentially 74 partners at two per year. If the average was one person per year since I was 18, then 37sex partners would also not be wildly unfathomable.

When I input 82 partners for my age, it says I've been with more than 98% of my peers. Comes up the same percentage for 74 partners. Now, if I use the highest number they've got on the scale, 55, as my number of sex partners, it still says I've fucked more people than 98% of my peers have! If I input 37, I'm still up there at more than 95%!

I am going to see what number gets me to 50% for my age...

Age 55

20 sex partners - I've done the deed with more than 90% of my peers;
15 sex partners - I've done the deed with more than 87% of my peers;
10 sex partners- I've done the deed with more than 79% of my peers;
8 sex partners - I've done the deed with more than 77% of my peers;
5 sex partners - I've done the deed with more than 62% of my peers;
4 sex partners - I've done the deed with more than 54% of my peers; and
3 sex partners - I've done the deed with more than 45% of my peers.

So strange.

Now I'm just thinking that the people whom they surveyed are not really my peers! Come on, I came of age in the 70s when free love and hippies were still a thing, and then disco came on the scene and gave us even more opportunities for random sex, and all the while Cosmo told us young women to go for it. And then I was in my 20s in the 1980s and it was all about having fun and getting laid. I really don't understand these numbers. Did everyone my age get married right out of high school??? Sheesh!

Last edited:
Any of you "not so average" women can feel free to give me a heads up when you're in or around Santa Fe. I haven't even had very many non-sexual cuddles with a woman in these not-so-average years since I last had a not-so-average girlfriend about a hundred hears ago. ;)

I promise to be a gentleman and not to expect or demand anything! Shoot, I'll even leave my Confederate Flag i the trunk of my bicycle! ;):eek:

Hint: I don't really own a Confederate Flag. That was a joke. :eek:

I thought that was a strange cut-off point, too. .., I mean, I've had sex with lots of people, but -- as an example... if you look at my age (55) and how long I've been sexually active (since I was 14), that is 41 years of having sex. Even with a dry spell here and there, it's not unreasonable to say that someone my age who is attractive and has been having sex for 41 years could've had sex with an average of just two people per year - and that would mean 82 sex partners. Even if I did not start having sex until 18, that would be 37 years of sex and potentially 74 partners at two per year. If the average was one person per year since I was 18, then 37sex partners would also not be wildly unfathomable.

When I input 82 partners for my age, it says I've been with more than 98% of my peers. Comes up the same percentage for 74 partners. Now, if I use the highest number they've got on the scale, 55, as my number of sex partners, it still says I've fucked more people than 98% of my peers have! If I input 37, I'm still up there at more than 95%! ...

Thanks for validating my experience! From age 16 years (April 1990) until I was in "a relationship" with MrS (Dec 1992...age 18.5 years) was my "wild oats" time. Then, for 19 years, I never had sex with another man (and only a hand-full+ of women) until I met Dude. I'm a slut, I admit, BUT ...25 people in 25 years doesn't seem outrageous to me.:rolleyes: And I wouldn't even classify myself as "attractive" (more like "non-hideous") ....

Last edited:
Hey guys, I am one of the people dragging down the curve. Up to age 52 I had a grand total of 3 and now at a whopping 4. Never a one night stand or a fling. Seems like any number of people asking for advice here did in fact marry out of high school or not long after and only after a decade or more found that monogamy was not going to cut it for them.

Leetah

How on earth would you know how many people you have had sex with?

Har-har.

Well, my number is just an estimate, but I remember doing this exercise back in the late 90s just before I met my husband, and tried to tally it up, for some reason. I couldn't remember a lot of them, before I stopped counting, but I did try! It was a lot. But there is nothing wrong with people who have had very few; it just seems difficult to fathom for someone who has been fucking around a lot for a long time.

Last edited:
any of you "not so average" women can feel free to give me a heads up when you're in or around santa fe.
Laugh
Out
Loud

Now I'm just thinking that the people whom they surveyed are not really my peers! Come on, I came of age in the 70s when free love and hippies were still a thing, and then disco came on the scene and gave us even more opportunities for random sex, and all the while Cosmo told us young women to go for it. And then I was in my 20s in the 1980s and it was all about having fun and getting laid. I really don't understand these numbers. Did everyone my age get married right out of high school??? Sheesh!

Every female "peer" I knew was having a grand ole time, as well.

Last edited:
How on earth would you know how many people you have had sex with?

This! I couldn't count if I tried, and I'm sure I don't have all that many.

Of course, now I'm trying to count.

Anyone else have trouble with where they drew the line? I know the "define sex" question is a whole can of worms...

A friend of a friend had a definition - "you're having sex if it is not inappropriate to orgasm." I've always liked that.

The definition, as well as situations where it's not inappropriate to orgasm :p

A friend of a friend had a definition - "you're having sex if it is not inappropriate to orgasm." I've always liked that.

The definition, as well as situations where it's not inappropriate to orgasm :p
Heh. I think I like that definition too (though I'm at best indifferent to situations where it isn't inappropriate to orgasm :p ).

I just have one nit to pick... including masturbation, yay or nay? I think sex refers only to social/interpersonal situations, not stuff someone does by themselves. Masturbation isn't sex, IMO, despite orgasm being rather on the appropriate side when doing it. :D

I consider masturbation sex. It is simply sex with myself. However, the sex history calculator was designed to give feedback on how many sex partners one has. So, you can count yourself as a partner or not, depending on whether you view masturbation as sex or not.

So, you can count yourself as a partner or not, depending on whether you view masturbation as sex or not.

I count it as sex alright. But I don't count myself as "a partner". :p

A "partner" is another. Should I count myself as another? Just how many of me are there?! :p;)

97% I haven't counted in years so probably missing a few.
Thanks for the breakdown NYC. It seems like such low numbers make for the far end of the bell curve.
Interesting but probably not very accurate.

I thought that was a strange cut-off point, too. My number is quite above that and I've been in several long-term relationships, had a monogamous marriage for almost 12 years, and had long periods of no sex with anyone, in my lifetime.

If one is single most of their life, and any long-term mono relationships aren't really too long-lasting, and there's a period in one's life where going to bars and partying is a regular thing at least 2-3 nights a week for quite some time, there are bound to be plenty one-night stands and lots of short-term flings in one's history. I mean, I've had sex with lots of people, but -- as an example... if you look at my age (55) and how long I've been sexually active (since I was 14), that is 41 years of having sex. Even with a dry spell here and there, it's not unreasonable to say that someone my age who is attractive and has been having sex for 41 years could've had sex with an average of just two people per year - and that would mean 82 sex partners. Even if I did not start having sex until 18, that would be 37 years of sex and potentially 74 partners at two per year. If the average was one person per year since I was 18, then 37sex partners would also not be wildly unfathomable.

When I input 82 partners for my age, it says I've been with more than 98% of my peers. Comes up the same percentage for 74 partners. Now, if I use the highest number they've got on the scale, 55, as my number of sex partners, it still says I've fucked more people than 98% of my peers have! If I input 37, I'm still up there at more than 95%!

I am going to see what number gets me to 50% for my age...

Age 55

20 sex partners - I've done the deed with more than 90% of my peers;
15 sex partners - I've done the deed with more than 87% of my peers;
10 sex partners- I've done the deed with more than 79% of my peers;
8 sex partners - I've done the deed with more than 77% of my peers;
5 sex partners - I've done the deed with more than 62% of my peers;
4 sex partners - I've done the deed with more than 54% of my peers; and
3 sex partners - I've done the deed with more than 45% of my peers.

So strange.

I think I'm about your age. (I'm 59.) I had to estimate too, but I estimated conservatively and still got this: "You've done the deed with more people than basically all of your peers." I don't think that's true. I mean I know some guys are way ahead of me. I know this because they were in my band. I was the sensitive guy who picked the most interesting girl and stayed up all night getting to know her first while the other guys were having sex with two girls at a time and coming out a couple of times to get two more.

The last time someone asked me about this, she asked me if I had any regrets. I told her I regretted all the opportunities I'd missed or passed up.

I think I'm about your age. (I'm 59.) I had to estimate too, but I estimated conservatively and still got this: "You've done the deed with more people than basically all of your peers." I don't think that's true. I mean I know some guys are way ahead of me. I know this because they were in my band. I was the sensitive guy who picked the most interesting girl and stayed up all night getting to know her first while the other guys were having sex with two girls at a time and coming out a couple of times to get two more.

The last time someone asked me about this, she asked me if I had any regrets. I told her I regretted all the opportunities I'd missed or passed up.

Are you a drummer? ;)

River, can you and Angelina just get a room already?

Back