Seeking time with your metamour

My wife's girlfriend is picking her up for a date tonight. We were in a triad of 2 years and though it did not work I always cared about her. I get excited when she stays over or visits so tonight I sent a message she should come an hour early and we can catch up. I see her every 4-6 weeks.

I wondered if you have had situations where you genuinely enjoyed and saught out time and connection with your metamours. If not, what does that relationship look like?

I've never been particularly interested in the people Hubby has dated, although one pushed for time with me so we hung out a few times. She was a fine person, but we just didn't have enough in common for me to want to give up my precious me-time. Boy was briefly dating a woman that I was casual friends with (we had overlapping friend groups but never hung out one-on-one) but then she went psycho so we, obviously, never attempted to get any closer.

I don't seek friendship with Meta, although I've known her before I even met Idealist, we hang out with the same groups of people. We have been friendly acquitances and that's what I still consider her, althought now I we know perhaps more detail about each others lives then with any friend I've ever had, although there have been times when Idealist tried to get closer and althought there have been times (usually following the privious point;)) of severe jealousy.

I'm quite close to one of my boyfriend's other partners. I don't spend time *with* her because she lives quite a distance away, but we chat frequently, and I've told her things about myself that neither Hubby nor my boyfriend knows.

Hi Orlandobif,

My metamour and I have a platonic friendship, and often watch stuff on TV together. It's one of the perks of poly for me.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

So if they were okay with it, would it be a good idea to make friends with them then? I don't know how that would change the dynamics then of the relationship on both ends.

Back