New to this site from NJ

CentralNJ

Hello all! I'm E and I am the cis-gendered female in an 8.5 year marriage to a cis-gendered male. We are both Pansexual; however I have been been out of the closet since I was 10 and he is still one foot in the door to some people. I have never been in a monogamous relationship and I am his 1st Poly. Well to be honest for 8.5 years he wanted to keep it closed while I was pregnant 6 years ago then never wanted to open it back up until recently. Come to find out in reality it was because he was struggling with his sexuality and sleeping with men and didn't want to tell anyone including me. Well after over a year of therapy we are doing great and he is comfortable in his own skin. So at this point we are ready to date together and apart again. I have had a few girlfriends through the years but unfortunately for many reason we fell apart. I wish more than anything I could find my queen. Honestly, I have no interest in dating a man but would date a couple. I would love to date a woman. And if my husband and I ever found a woman or couple to date that would be amazing too. I hope for him that he can find whatever completes him, man, woman, couple... I don't care, as long as he is happy.

Moreover, I just want to know I am not alone and that what I want is unattainable. I came to this forum in hopes to find likeminded individuals that can share their experience strength and hope so I don't feel so alone. And if I am lucky maybe meet some friends in the area. It seems like every where I go there is no one in my age range or they are totally creepy. Is it just me? Where are the same people? I mean I am alittle crazy but the good kind. The kind that jumps out of airplanes and runs with nulls. Not the stalker kind or the kind that sends pics saying they look one way and really they don't. If you are a 300 pound one armed albino midget own that shit. You are beautiful! Why because it's what's in your mind and heart that matter... but maybe that's just the Sapiosexual in me talking. Don't get me wrong I want/need to be physically attached to you also but it so much more than that. Ok well enough about me. Tell me about you....

Hi Central NJ - and welcome to the Forum! You are certainly not alone and I would suspect that what you want is not unattainable. Couple dating, I understand, tends to be more challenging since there are more components involved - but I would guess that you each dating alone should not be a too difficult, based on what I have read here over the last 15 months or so.

This forum is more of a discussion board although there is a dating section at the bottom of the forum. More importantly, however, there are those here who could certainly give you good advice on dating sites and practices that might work for you.

We do have a good number of experienced poly folks here so please do post specific thoughts and questions to the Poly Relationship Corner and General Poly Discussion sections - you are almost certain to get some helpful responses. Best of luck on your poly journey! Al

Greetings CentralNJ,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Don't worry, you will find like-minded people here who will share their hope and strength with you. Poly is a real thing and people make it work every day. Check out Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness for examples.

I'm glad you could join us, and hope you will enjoy your stay. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have, we're here to answer. And, you'll probably find that you can help others too.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back