Not terribly serious but vexing problem

ThreeStars

Soooo I have a partner of four years (A) and a new partner of 6 weeks (R). Yes I am in total NRE and I hope I am handling it well. I think A would vouch for me in this regard. I live with neither.

Just yesterday I received a gift in the mail from my new sweetie (R). A book. A very very obscure book that is PERFECT! RIGHT UP MY ALLEY!

...and happens to be the exact same book that A got me years ago when we were in gobsmacked NRE.

Reveal to one? Reveal to both? Reveal to neither?

Both visit my house. The book should be visible? Not visible? Both copies?

Miss Manners didn't cover this one....

Politely tell R that you already have a copy of said book, and ask if he would like to return it and try something else, because with his taste you know he's got to have some good ideas?

That sounds like a really cool lovely coincidence to me. I'd be excitedly telling them both about it :)
Can you get them each to write a special something in the seperate copies and keep them both on display as a lovely part of your shared history?

Thanks all! I told R about it and it was met with laughter and smiles. A is visiting me this weekend and I can explain it then. It really is a lovely "problem" to have. But I feel such a newbie so I was wondering if anyone had encountered this little predicament before or something like it.

Thanks again!

That sounds like a really cool lovely coincidence to me. I'd be excitedly telling them both about it :)
Can you get them each to write a special something in the seperate copies and keep them both on display as a lovely part of your shared history?

...I was thinking the same thing :)

Back