Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > Asia

Notices

Old 09-01-2017, 07:04 AM

Default Opening up to open relationships in India

Hi,

This is Amit. I have recently opened up to the idea of open relationships and polyamory. It feels weird mainly when there is no one around to talk about it. I also feel afraid of being judged, ridiculed and looked down upon as such ideas are not considered welcome, especially in the Indian context.

I am very spiritually inclined. Even though, I have read texts which talk about men and women moving about freely in ancient times, currently religion and society are such that these things are considered unethical and immoral.

My journey is just beginning. Look forward to share my thoughts here with more like-minded people and learn from the challenges they faced during their journey.

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2017, 08:41 AM

Welcome! I wish you luck on your journey. It sounds difficult to be in your position.
You'll find a lot of good information here in the form of anecdotes and links to outside resources.
At the very place now you have a place to speak about this.
SoulSister (K): 33,f,bi,
Sir: 38,m,poly,boyfriend
BlueEyes: 31,m,mono,intimate friend
Mary:f,bi,poly,ex-partner to Dean
Grace:f,poly,long time partner to Sir

My Blog: http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...t=mistake+time
Old 09-01-2017, 08:51 AM

Yes, I am finding the experiences of people here very insightful. Thanks for sharing your blog!
Old 09-01-2017, 08:53 AM

If you haven't picked up any books yet, More Than Two is a good start. It will help you learn the "Poly language" too.
SoulSister (K): 33,f,bi,
Sir: 38,m,poly,boyfriend
BlueEyes: 31,m,mono,intimate friend
Mary:f,bi,poly,ex-partner to Dean
Grace:f,poly,long time partner to Sir

My Blog: http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...t=mistake+time
Old 09-19-2017, 09:54 AM

Default Spirituality and Polyamory

Hi Amit,
nice to read your post here. I am curious about your spirituality... while linking up with this genuine human instinct 'polyamory'. Would you please elaborate it?
Thanks,
Babu

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1235813 View Post
Hi,

This is Amit. I have recently opened up to the idea of open relationships and polyamory. It feels weird mainly when there is no one around to talk about it. I also feel afraid of being judged, ridiculed and looked down upon as such ideas are not considered welcome, especially in the Indian context.

I am very spiritually inclined. Even though, I have read texts which talk about men and women moving about freely in ancient times, currently religion and society are such that these things are considered unethical and immoral.

My journey is just beginning. Look forward to share my thoughts here with more like-minded people and learn from the challenges they faced during their journey.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajibabu View Post
Hi Amit,
nice to read your post here. I am curious about your spirituality... while linking up with this genuine human instinct 'polyamory'. Would you please elaborate it?
Thanks,
Babu
Hi there, I think the the expectations of monogamy are impractical. It is but natural to get bored eventually in any relationship and look for something new. And, anything unnatural according to me is not spiritual. In that sense, polyamory is very spiritual as it allows one to maintain there freedom.

Also, it is important to maintain respect and apply the same rules to both sides of the equation i.e. to both partners. That is my opinion anyways.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:11 AM

Ok... Regarding polyamory what you expressed ... I also have same view. But I think spiritualy is much broader.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1235813 View Post
Hi there, I think the the expectations of monogamy are impractical. It is but natural to get bored eventually in any relationship and look for something new. And, anything unnatural according to me is not spiritual. In that sense, polyamory is very spiritual as it allows one to maintain there freedom.

Also, it is important to maintain respect and apply the same rules to both sides of the equation i.e. to both partners. That is my opinion anyways.