Back again!

ArtemisHunt

Hello! I'm Artemis

I've actually been a member here before, early 2010 as I was transitioning from swinging to poly. I was ArtemisHunts and here is my old intro thread.

The situation in my relationship thread turned out wonderfully. We quickly moved to a non-hierarchy almost poly-fi MFM triad with swinging option. We lived together for five years during which time my LDR with Epione (female, also poly and dating) became more serious, so I suppose it was a tripod? Lol.

I'm still with Epione, and for almost a year I dated a couple from the LS (lifestyle/swinging) Which, wow... I'd known being "unicorned" was a bad thing, but until you've lived it...geeze!

So I'm firmly non-hierarchy, refuse to participate in it, and actually rather far on the RA side of things

I'm currently in a delightful "W" :

Epione (female, gay, LDR) is dating me, known each other over 10 years
I'm also dating Prometheus (male, straight) will be a year soon
He's married to Thalia (female, straight) 14 years, I think
She's dating Dionysus (male, bi) about 1.5 years.

I've long appreciated this forum and popped in and out over the years, been lurking nearly daily for the past two years. I mostly decided to participate for two reasons:

First, to say thank you to all the long term members who give their time to help new (often temporary) members. It's got to get tiring seeing the same questions and issues over and over yet you are here, helping with gentle kindness and patience. I think what you do is wonderful and important and you rarely get thanks.

Second was to discuss deeper poly concepts. I'm "out", which I think is important to do if you can, but it gets tiring explaining the basics over and over and answering the same questions. (How many times do I have to explain that it's not all orgies? And no, I'm not trying to date you, and yes, it's a real relationship). Those who have the basics down in my circles are often on the same page with application, so discussions can get kind of circle-jerky. So here I came!

Greetings Artemis,
Welcome. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sounds like you have worked out a poly way of living that works for you. And I know many people have been helped by your posts.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look.

Please read through the new guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome back!!!! I love your posts and glad you're a member!

Back