where to find polyamorists in Sydney

eek

Hi all,

I'd like to meet polyamorists in Sydney but it seems pretty silent on the interwebs. There is a meetup group but it seems to be inactive.

Discussing stuff on forums is cool, & I'm hoping to do that, but it leaves me a little cold. Nothing beats talking with a real, live, human being.

I am interested in polyamory for a couple of reasons.

I sincerely love my partner. My partner cannot fill all my needs. It's not her fault. That's the dynamic. I don't want to lose her or hurt her, but I feel like I'm living only a part of my life. I want to color in that gap with someone different.

The second bit is a bit harder. I'm not sexually attracted to men, but like most men I've had encounters with other men, & actually really enjoyed it. As I get older, the 80s stigma is washing off & I think I could start to actually love a man in a romantic sense. So with respect to that, I'm questioning if there is a bisexual flavor to me.

Polyamory interests me because I don't want to be with some dude that is promiscuous in parks, & I feel that with the lengths of & the pressures on marriages that there are many women out there that could - I don't know - could be interested in exploring same but doesn't want to sleep around. Also I am a deep person, & just screwing people just isn't my style at all.

I suppose that's my intro too.

Question is, how the heck do I meet poly people here?

Hi eek

I won't be much help I'm sorry, I'm in NZ, but I just wanted to let you know you're not completely alone down this neck of the woods.

I reckon your best bet is to post an ad on the inevitable pinboard at alternative coffee shops and the like.

Good luck
Evie

Back