New to this, why do I feel guilty

Britt

Hello, I am new to these feelings of wanting a poly relationship. I am in a relationship with a man and have been together happily for the last 3 years. But the last couple months I have experienced a desire to have a relationship with a women, I am bisexual and I would like to indulge in that. I don't want to leave my boyfriend, and we have talked a little on the subject of opening up the relationship in a sexual way but he is confused and feels jealous I would want to be with someone else.
I feel.guilty for feeling this way but at the same time I still have these strong desires to form a physical and emotional relationship with a women.

Hi Britt,

All I can tell you is, you're not doing anything wrong, you feel how you feel, and polyamory isn't a bad thing. The only problem is, your boyfriend may not be able to feel okay about polyamory. He may be limited to accepting you having just sexual relations with other people. If so, you will have to figure out what to do about that. I know you don't want to break up with him, so I don't know where that leaves you. I guess you just keep talking with him for now.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back