Research on Polyamory, Waterloo Ontario

AmandaMS

Hello, my name is Amanda Steffler. I am a fourth year Sociology student at the University of Waterloo. I am currently conducting a research study as a part of my Bachelor’s degree. My study will analyze the process of identifying as polyamorous; more specifically, how one first uncovered this part of their identity, how they ultimately made the decision to practice polyamory, and how they opened up to family and friends. I would also like to learn about the reactions of family and friends, as well as any stigma or consequences that may have arose as a result of this identity.

If you are female, aged 18 years of age or older, identify as polyamorous, have practiced polyamory (currently or in the past), grew up in a monogamous household, and lives within two hours of the University of Waterloo, I would like to invite you to participate in my study. This research study involves an in-person interview of approximately two hours and a short, written demographical survey. The interview will take place at a mutually agreed upon location, preferably at the university, and at a time that is convenient for both of us. However, if geographical limitations arise due to distance a phone or Skype interview can be arranged.

This study has been reviewed and received ethics clearance through the University of Waterloo Research Ethics Committee. If you have any questions regarding this study, or would like additional information to assist you in reaching a decision about participating, please contact me at [email protected]. You may also contact my supervisor, Professor Denise Whitehead at [email protected]. This message is being forwarded on behalf of the researcher.

Amanda Steffler
Student Investigator
Bachelor of Arts Candidate, Sociology & Philosophy

University of Waterloo
200 University Ave. W,
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1

Recruitment Closed

Thank you to those who reached out regarding my study. The recruitment stage has ended. I no longer require participants.

Back