Education, understanding and celebrating polyamory

SS28

Hello,

First of all my name is Sam and I work as part of a TV production team. Now before you stop reading my aim here isn't to put anything on a screen for others to simply stare at.

Our aim is to find polyamory families based in the UK for a one-hour programme, with a well known broadcast company, that celebrates love and raises awareness. Ideally we would love to show a person in a poly relationship giving their view on, just that, a polyamory relationship. What it actually means to be involved and love more than a single person.

To give the polyamory a little bit of airtime and a voice.

Now we pay a generous fee for anybody who takes part, but that isn't a bribe, it's simply paying for the work which is involved. - we've got two poly families who are already participating.

If you feel you can help spread understanding of polyamory families and relationships please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for your time.
Sam :)

I was thinking the same thing.

Hey Nycindie!

We, Chalkboard Media, are governed predominantly by the Broadcast Company on certain things we are able to reveal publicly - as I'm sure you can understand.

However, I fully agree with you wholly.

We're looking, ideally - and this is the network talking not us - for a poly family, so more than two adults living together with children (although having children isn't essential).

The programme is for Sky Living and seeks to show how loving and normal poly relationships are. The aim is to raise awareness for the poly community. As I mentioned, we're called Chalkboard Media, a television production company in London.

I do have access to a short video the two poly families we have on board. Hopefully that video will show just what we're looking for: a nice, loving family who just happen to be poly. They have children, but that's not essential. - send me a message and I can direct you to the video source.

Ideally we're looking for poly families from the UK, but they could be British and living abroad.

We would only require a few days of your time and can be very flexible in terms of when we shoot. We're hoping to confirm families this week and next if possible. August 1st 2014.

If you feel as though you can contribute to this programme in anyway please feel free to message me and I can reveal in more detail the structure of the show and also the pay for your work.

Thank you for reading and I really hope this helps,
Sam.

:)

B.C. has the right idea, although their federal court did rule against religiously motivated plural marriages. Perhaps when alternative families are the norm the high court will revisit silly laws regarding plural unions?

B.C. has the right idea, although their federal court did rule against religiously motivated plural marriages. Perhaps when alternative families are the norm the high court will revisit silly laws regarding plural unions?

That case is often misinterpreted.

What the prosecution had was a case not unlike the time the US Feds used tax evasion to nail Al Capone. The prosecution wanted to charge the defendants with child abuse and sexual exploitation, however they did not have enough evidence, given the difficulty of getting witnesses in a tightly knit community like that.

So they settled for what they could, which was polygamy. The chief justice was in a tight spot, since he didn't see any inherent issue with multiple marriages, but had huge problems with the whole child bride thing. He basically concluded that in the case before him, the women were at a high risk of victimization in the community. He specifically said that this risk is not typical of polyamorist relationships, but he wasn't judging polyamory as a concept, he was judging one particular religious sect and its specific practices.

Hey Nycindie!

We, Chalkboard Media, are governed predominantly by the Broadcast Company on certain things we are able to reveal publicly - as I'm sure you can understand.

However, I fully agree with you wholly.

We're looking, ideally - and this is the network talking not us - for a poly family, so more than two adults living together with children (although having children isn't essential).

The programme is for Sky Living and seeks to show how loving and normal poly relationships are. The aim is to raise awareness for the poly community. As I mentioned, we're called Chalkboard Media, a television production company in London.

I do have access to a short video the two poly families we have on board. Hopefully that video will show just what we're looking for: a nice, loving family who just happen to be poly. They have children, but that's not essential. - send me a message and I can direct you to the video source.

Ideally we're looking for poly families from the UK, but they could be British and living abroad.

We would only require a few days of your time and can be very flexible in terms of when we shoot. We're hoping to confirm families this week and next if possible. August 1st 2014.

If you feel as though you can contribute to this programme in anyway please feel free to message me and I can reveal in more detail the structure of the show and also the pay for your work.

Thank you for reading and I really hope this helps,
Sam.

:)

Did this ever get produced?

Sky living has an episode on poly family in Kent, under the show called " forbidden love", episode five, titled, "three way love".
This could be one and the same?

Back