Ideas for dates

Evie

Kaitiaki
Staff member
gidday all

So, dating obviously has different nuances around the world. Who, where, when, what, that kinda thing. I saw a recent question about rainy day dates, and just thought it might be nice to have a thread to share some of your most memorable, for better or worse, dates.

I haven't dated strangers much myself (i.e. OKC or our equivalent, NZD) and the last time I did it was a movie then dinner. hmm. Oh, no, there was also the guy who invited me to the pub to watch the game (rugby league I think it was), kept going on about how he wasn't really a drinker and was usually the sober driver when he was out with his mates, then used a voucher to buy 4 drinks for the price of 2 and told me to hurry up and keep up *facepalm* so I walked out.

So, other memorable good "dates":

Going to the drags to watch his daughter race her car. A bit bold of him for the second date, but hey, we're a relaxed country. Dinner was from a food truck. I had spent a bit of time hanging out with him before any dates because he was a friend of a flatmate, so we weren't looking for a spark, we already knew there was one there.

Playing Pitch and Putt golf - despite NZ having an abundance of regular golf courses, pitch and putt is a novelty. I have never had a real game so p&p was and awesome way to spend a decent chunk of the afternoon. I think after that we went to the arcade and played some very silly, simple games for tickets that can be exchanged for prizes. It was simply fun. We then went our separate ways to freshen up and dress up before meeting for a very fancy dinner. OK, so this wasn't our first, or second date, but about 6 months in.

Have fun recalling your best and worst :)

Evie

Hi Evie,

I haven't dated much in my near-five decades of life. My only formal dates have been a few high school dances. I can think of things you could possibly do ... a walk in the park, a picnic, a museum, an art gallery, a zoo, an aquarium, dinner, a movie, a concert, an opera, a dance venue, a game night, D&D, bowling, hiking, camping, boating, stargazing (especially if you have a good telescope) ... are some ideas.

Hope that helps!
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Favorite dates:

- the zoo (first date)
- an afternoon walk around the lake in a local park, where we ended up on a bench watching the ducks and chatting for almost 3 hours (first date)
- blackberry picking and a picnic (second date)
- rented a canoe and paddled around the arboretum (second date)
- outdoor concert at the winery (first date)

Bad dates:

- dinner and then he skipped out and left me the bill (second (last) date)
- talked about her mother's health issues and nothing else the entire time, in excruciating detail (luckily it was a happy hour date, so easy to end quickly)

My first date with my ex, Fly, he freaked me out and I thought he was kind of a stalker and creepy. I actually pocket dialed my friend, knowing she would call back so I could pretend there was an emergency and I had to leave. I guess there something that spoke to me, though, because I ended up going out with him again and we had a pretty lovely 8 years together :)

Back