North Carolina...

Blue Ridge Love

Wilkes County in the house!

Hendersonville/Asheville here. We are very new to this and to the area. Have never been around or talked to people in the same line of thought. Would love to meet some like minded people that we could talk to and hang out with. J&H

Still looking for some WNC people. Maybe have a small meet up next weekend in Asheville? Any poly Jeepers out there?

Chapel Hill area! My husband and I are brand new to polyamory. I haven't met any other polyamorous folks in my area, but would be happy to do so.

For NC Poly folk

If y'all are looking for groups here's what I know exists in NC...

First off, there's a statewide NC Poly email list-serve. The homepage with info is at http://www.ncpoly.org
Subscribe to the list and you'll get regular info from them.
On that list, they announce a group that meets very regularly (every Friday for a coffee social, and on the third Sunday of the month for discussion group) in Durham, called Triangle Polyamory Network.
The listserve also announces a small get-together of folks who meet every other Thursday in the Burlington area.
And occasionally, they'll announce a meeting or gathering of folks elsewhere such as Charlotte, etc.

For those in the western third of the state, you have another group (WNC Poly) that meets monthly in Asheville: http://www.wnc-poly.org/

Hope that helps everyone here! :cool:

I emailed the NC Poly address using the info on their site about a month ago and haven't heard anything back. I'm glad to know that this group is still active. I'm wondering if I should email again or just wait a bit, though I'm completely impatient!

My husband and I have been open since early in our relationship, though we're now hoping to find someone to be in a closed triad with us. Though I'd love that now, I know that meeting the right person cannot be rushed.

We just moved to Raleigh - this week! - and we're really, really hoping to connect with some other poly folks here so that neither we nor our little ones feel isolated and secretive anymore.

I emailed the NC Poly address using the info on their site about a month ago and haven't heard anything back. I'm glad to know that this group is still active. I'm wondering if I should email again or just wait a bit, though I'm completely impatient!

My guess is that maybe try again. I heard there was an issue with people's spam filters blocking things.
On the main page (ncpoly.org) , if you hit the logo square in red & white that says "NCPoly", it takes you to a form that if you fill out it'll put you in the listserv. And from then on you'll get all announcements.
(But make sure your own spam filters don't keep stuff out.)
If you have any more issues, private message me and I'll see if I can help.

hello new nc

Hello,
We are new and wondering tips to meeting others to join your triad. Its is hard to find likeminded individuals in NC. So what sites can we go to or where can we go.

also east nc

hello! i'm in the triangle (here's my introduction!) and have tried to get in touch with triangle poly, as well, though that was just today so i'm (im)patiently awaiting a response.

if no one hears from them soon, perhaps we could arrange a casual visit among ourselves? my husband e and i are totally and completely shiny-new to this scene, just in the first stages of discussing polyamory as a possible form of nonmonogamy, and we would like to meet people just to talk about experiences and thoughts.

thanks!

My husband and I are in Avl. Also looking for poly friends in WNC. you can check us out as sampson27 on OKcupid and Swinglifestyles.com (SLS).
Below is his profile-
I am 28, 5'7", and fit. I am a physically active, attractive, friendly, outgoing, funloving, respectable man in a polyamorous relationship looking for a companion for a longterm friendship and romance. I am interested in women ranging in age from 20 to 50 years old who are compatable. I normally have no problem finding a date, but have had trouble finding a women that is comfortable with the poly lifestyle. I am glad to share photos, conversation, maybe an afternoon of hiking/biking/talking/walking/dancing/dinning etc. if you have any interest in getting to know me.
My wife and I are high school sweethearts, together since my
Junior year in HS (1999) and have been married for 5 years. We are both natives of Western NC. Since about 2 years before we got married we have been vary open with each other about the possible desires for intimate relationships outside of our own. We spent years feeling this way, but uncertain of what avenues we could use to allow a nonmonagamous relationsip to exist. We decided to join an online swingers group but, have been disappointed with this approach in that it mostly connected us with people looking for cheep flings as apposed to the meaningful, sensual, fulfilling relationships that we both desire. Currently my wife is in a stable relationship, with a longtime friend who is also Poly. I have been unable to find a compatable woman who is comfortable with polyamory.

Last edited:
Cpl from Sanford

Hi, we are from Sanford NC. We are looking to meet new people here and hopefully get to know a single woman who is interested in finding a family.

just an update--e and i attended the triangle poly monthly meeting in durham (after e mailing [email protected] to ask where the meeting is held) and it was a really great group of people and a really interesting time. e was a little less enthusiastic than i was about going, but enjoyed the chance to really see how normal everyone was, and we're planning on attending the friday coffee meetup. so, if you're around and interested in a group, i highly recommend checking them out!

my wife and i had a third for a few months, but she (our GF) never could quite wrap her head around the concept that we were all equals and she wasn't just an "accessory", as she put it. that was 1.5 years ago. my wife expressed that she is interested in trying again, as am i. any emotionally and mentally stable women, 24-35, in the piedmont triad area interested in talking to an extremely communicative, honest couple?

just an update--e and i attended the triangle poly monthly meeting in durham (after e mailing [email protected] to ask where the meeting is held) and it was a really great group of people and a really interesting time. e was a little less enthusiastic than i was about going, but enjoyed the chance to really see how normal everyone was, and we're planning on attending the friday coffee meetup. so, if you're around and interested in a group, i highly recommend checking them out!

Does the meetup happen every month? How do I find out when the next one is so we can go? We're looking for something just like what you've described here!

Back