Wanting simplicity and satisfying needs creates a vacuum later

Having permission to seek what I need does not mean I have the time, energy, or ability to do so. In fact for me it can create random urges, needs I did not know were important and new complexities. I can be needy in the company of my wife, unsatisfied with activities that were fine for decades, and fussing over things I can't clearly identify.

I was reading a thread about single poly and thought, hot damn!, I could do anything if I were single but that is not true. Poly is still in the way. Complex needs are still in the way. Loneliness would subside as I am generally able to find people to talk and socialize with but who would care for my soul?

For when I envy one situation or another what I want sometimes is to be simple in my needs. I don't really want to spend time I don't have, on needs I don't want, and on transient relationships that are both satisfying and leave my needs even more urgent. Getting what I want can leave an annoying vacuum in my life later. How about you?

Death is the vacuum in my life. There's nothing I can do to prevent it, and it takes away all that I could hope for in the future. (I don't believe in an afterlife.)

The only person who can take care of my soul is me.

I do understand what you are saying about a vacuum though. I recently had a vacuum open up in my life that I don't see ever filling, even with other partners.

Life gets in the way. Time, energy and money are always finite. You can pretty much have anything you want but it's always going to come at the expense of other things you want. It's not just a poly problem.

Back