How to have sex in with others in Open Marriage

I think there was one member here who always had to have sex with her boyfriend in his truck, because both of them were married and could not bring a partner home nor have overnights. They loved each other, so they made it work.

Not any most people would care to stay in!

You'd be surprised how many motels offer hourly rates and are not stereotypically sleazy. There is a huge market of people needing a place to have privacy and many of them are average people. I was surprised when I Googled "hourly rates" in my area.

This is true. A while back, I was unable to bring anyone to my place because I was painting and renovating (I'm single/solo, so usually can). Being in NYC, I was a little weirded out by the idea of an hourly motel, thinking they were sleazy, dirty places in the Times Square area, where street hookers bring their johns. Oddly enough, I found a couple on Yelp.com that had great reviews. We went to a very nice hourly hotel on my side of town, and I was quite impressed with its cleanliness. My date paid $75 for two hours and we had a great time. Also, I have read that some of the big hotel chains offer hourly rates during the daytime, when they are in between guests checking out and checking in. I think it's meant for business people who need a place to rest while traveling, or whatever, but yeah, these options do exist.

Thanks. I thought about hotels but being that I don't have a lot of money I would expect the guy to foot the bill. However, not sure if that is practical on a somewhat regular basis.
Money is one of those issues that a couple does need to discuss when opening up to dating other people. For example, you expect your dates to foot the bill to take you out, but what about hubby? Who pays for his dates if money is so tight? He can only date women who treat him? You two might need to look at your finances and figure out a dating budget so that both of you can at least go dutch. One thing I've found with online dating is that most everybody pays their way and one person treating is rare until a relationship is established. The guys on these dating sites tend not to like it when women expect to be treated all the time, and certainly most anyone, male or female, would not appreciate having to foot the bill every single time.

Last edited:
LOL we used to do it in my truck, she was a bit of a redneck, at home. Once we all were all sleeping together and my gf woke up horny and good not go back to sleep. She woke me up by starting me.. my wife, Dani ,with a bit of an attitude, said, ' I am tired, can you please go downstairs? we did.' but had another gf that complained to my wife, that I kept poking her in the back when we slept... Dani said 'well don't waste a hardon..use it!!'

I work at a Motel. We have the following rates (for a weekday, no special events):

daily: $60 per night.
hourly: $10 per hour with a 6 hour minimum.

:p ;) :D

I work at a Motel. We have the following rates (for a weekday, no special events):

daily: $60 per night.
hourly: $10 per hour with a 6 hour minimum.

:p ;) :D
THat is too funny, I needed that. Actually sometimes my wife and I run interference for each other. Her BF comes over and I cover for her, from the dog... damn critter can smell some one different in the house... won't shut up. I told him, make friends with him as a puppy, he will be big.

Express deals shows a room here for $38, I don't think that is that bad to split the cost.

Someone could even pay for the room and use it to host multiple partners

For me it is also not that easy. Though I wanted to, I didn't have sex yet (we opened our marriage in march)
My husband is planning to meet his "affair"(girlfriend?) In a hotel and i'm totally ok with that. (Our kids are teenagers. So we really want to keep it secret)
Budget hotels in germany are around 40-50 €. Take a nice snack/ Picknick with you and you end up cheaper then going for dinner :)
My problem is rather not the place but to get into a Situation with my "target" where I can talk about my needs. How do you manage that??

Are you asking how to tell the person you want to have sex with that you need to get a hotel room? That's pretty easy. "I really like you, and I'd like to have sex with you, but we would need a hotel room because I can't bring people to my home."

I met a new guy yesterday (we'd been chatting for a few days). He owns a house and lives alone. I told I'm glad he says on his dating site profile that he can host, because I won't bring other partners to my house, and that I hoped he wouldn't mind the fact that any time we get together it will have to be at his place.

He said, "Of course. I wouldn't expect you to have sex with someone else in the home you share with your husband. That doesn't even make sense to me. You have to have boundaries."

I knew there was a reason I started talking to him...

That sounds so easy when you write it. ;)
Guess I'm already failing in the stage before that.
I met a guy (he is single) and I couldn't even get it to the point to be alone with him. He seems to have interest, but he knows I 'm married and he might not even think about open relationships.
Last time I ended up talking to his best friend and he left..
His friend invited me to see his flat :)
I'am maybe not the flirtous type of person and i must admit:I have to learn that again (I'm 40 and lived in monogamy 15 years)

Today I'll see him at a concert....you got any advice for me ???

Maybe you can talk to him when the concert's over?

If you're interested in him and are afraid he won't be interested in you because you're married, you could just say exactly that. "I want you to know I would be interested in dating you. I know you might not want to date me because I'm married, but my husband and I have agreed that we can date other people. In fact, my husband even has a girlfriend!"

I don't flirt. I don't know how. (At least, I think I don't. Some of the men I know say otherwise.) I just act the way I normally act. It seems to work sometimes.

Wow. I really like your advices. Seems like honesty is everything...
I feel I really need to be brave for that :)
I'm a step further today. He gave me so many signals tonight. Smiling at me, looking at me so many times...as if he knew!!!
But with friends around us all the time.
It felt so sure, that I borrowed ten bucks from him, insiting to bring him the money today.... (with him saying: i can give him the money any time and me saying three times: no! I BRING you the money tomorrow :D)
But even if I' m with him in his flat today alone (his friends might be there, too) I still don't know if I just dare to say it!
I could hardly sleep tonight...playing it through so many times what I could say!!

It felt so sure, that I borrowed ten bucks from him, insiting to bring him the money today.... (with him saying: i can give him the money any time and me saying three times: no! I BRING you the money tomorrow :D)
But even if I' m with him in his flat today alone (his friends might be there, too) I still don't know if I just dare to say it!
I could hardly sleep tonight...playing it through so many times what I could say!!
Here's what you say, when you go to his place to pay him back:

"Thanks for lending me the money, that was really sweet of you. You know, I like you, and in case you were wondering, my husband and I are not monogamous. We have an open marriage, so it's okay for us to date other people. So, would you like to go out for a coffee or a drink with me sometime?"

Last edited:
Oh...ok. could be a way, too. Keep it slow.
I rather thought of something like: I'm not quite sure what signals you give me, but can I play with your body a little bit?
(Sounds better in german ;) )
To be honest: I don't want to drink coffee with him. It would kill me!! He's so fucking hot, he's beautiful (and I just want to suck his cock)
It would be a lie if I said I want to date him....with doing a lot besides sex. My hormones are going wild when I look at him.This is a bit confusing for me anyway...we don't say that in german: "dating" and I couldn't express that in german.

"Dating" has too many different meanings in English, in my opinion. I use the word for the sake of convenience, but what I mean by it, other people might not mean.

For some "dating" means going on dates. For some, it only means getting together to fuck. For some, it means a committed relationship where you aren't living together. And those are only a few examples.

If you're only interested in sex with this guy, then it's okay to say so to him. Personally, though, I would ask him to have coffee or something first so you can have a discussion about what each of you wants and what the boundaries are. I find it's usually better to have a discussion like that *before* the clothes come off, preferably in a neutral place where the clothes have to stay on until you're finished talking. But that's just me.

I would have said : ich weiß ja nicht ob ich die Signale richtig verstehe, aber ich würde mich gerne mal etwas mit deinem körper beschäftigen

Failed again . He wrote me he has got no time to meet me . Maybe another day. I wrote: I just wanted to ask you a question.
He: oh. I thought you wanted to give me the money.
Can a man be so dumb???

Now he wanted me to write the question. Is that an option? I think no , because it would be even harder when he rejects me. And I can' t trust that way...I come from a town and I must make sure that its kept in confidence.

Last edited:
Back