Turkey - any sites?

Norwegianpoly

Hie,

my new boyfriend is Turkish. He does not know anything about polyamory. He knows a little English, but do you know if there are any websites (or books or really anything) that could teach him about polyamory? :)

reality check

Smiling
Why dont you just explain to him when he is sexing you how he would feel if sometime you both add some sexual variety to the relationship to make it always sparkle? Even if there was a site explaining poly in his language the message would still be you saying you want same. Or go clubbing with him, bring a girlfriend who knows about poly and let herbring up the conversation and see his reaction among other things lol.

Last edited:
reality check

Smiling
Why dont you just explain to him when he is sexing you how he would feel if sometime you both add some sexual variety to the relationship to make it always sparkle? Even if there was a site explaining poly in his language the message would still be you saying you want same.

Go clubbing, or invite a girlfriend over and let her bring it up as a conversation piece, then take a trip to the store to get icecream and let then finish the conversation, who knows he might seduce her, or she might seduce him and the rest would be your dream come true etc.:

Smiling
Why dont you just explain to him when he is sexing you how he would feel if sometime you both add some sexual variety to the relationship to make it always sparkle? Even if there was a site explaining poly in his language the message would still be you saying you want same. Or go clubbing with him, bring a girlfriend who knows about poly and let herbring up the conversation and see his reaction among other things lol.
I am already in a polyamorous relationship with my Turkish boyfriend and my native husband. I am not interested in adding any more sexual variety, this is quite enough for all of us, what I want is better communication. My boyfriend does not have anyone where he lives that knows about poly, that is a big part of the problem. I have brought the theme to his attention several times - as have my husband, who has made friends with him. I will also have him meet my poly friends when he visits me next month. I already do all I can to explain poly to him.

I just thought if there is something written in Turkish I would like to know about it. He does not read complicated English very well.

Go clubbing, or invite a girlfriend over and let her bring it up as a conversation piece, then take a trip to the store to get icecream and let then finish the conversation, who knows he might seduce her, or she might seduce him and the rest would be your dream come true etc.:

Pay attention or leave the conversation. Your advice is silly, bordering rude.

Luckily my husband and boyfriend have now met each other twice, and keep in touch online. They have found good friends in each other.

I have also met a Turkish woman in Norway who says there are some polyamorus milieu in Ankara. I have read Turkish newspapers where actually the word 'polyamori' is used to explain the concept. And the book "Ethical Slut" has been translated to turkish - Etik Sutuk I think it is called. I am glad to see poly is getting known in Turkey.

Thanks for nothing. Some of us actually take poly life seriousy.

Hey Norwegian, I don't know who the 2 previous posters are. They are new to the group and are oddly giving you the same advice. They sound like the same person with 2 different accounts. Could he/they be stalkers from another poly board you post on?

Please don't take his "advice" as common to the usual views from most members here. Every board has its trolls, but our mods work hard to keep them out.

I am glad Ethical Slut was translated into Turkish so your bf can read up on it. This group here is mostly comprised of Americans, Canadians, and British people who speak English. I am sorry I do not know of poly info in Turkish. Maybe someone else will know.

Just wanted to welcome you to our group. No one here is going to inappropriately hit on you, or shame you for referencing the book Ethical Slut! If you find a member's post to you insulting or inappropriate, use the red ! in the corner of their post to bring it to a mod's attention.

Thank you for saying that, and for tips about the mods button.

I know most people here are westerners, luckily I am now learning Turkish myself as there is a language class in my home town, so I am able to learn about poly in Turkish by myself. I guess I did a pretty good explaining job after all, since we are still together after 15 months and have started to plan how to close the distance :)

Thank you again for the kind, encouraging words.

Back