Anyone else in Michigan?

vampiresscammy

just wanting to meet up, hang out with, get to know other poly folks in the area.

keep meaning to check out the local poly meet ups, keep forgetting and get busy and yada yada yada, you know how it is.

or anyone not to far who doesn't mind traveling. have one daughter at home whom doesnt like to travel, so really not able to go outta state much.

just wanting to make more poly friends really, good thoughts and good vibes to you and yours.

I don't live in Michigan now, but it is "home" to me, and I travel back once-twice every year. Nice to "meet" you!

Michigan

I am a new single black male looking into meeting people in Michigan as well. I am in Southeastern Oakland County around Royal Oak and Ferndale

I'm in Ontario Canada, not that far from Michigan (about an hour from Port Huron)
I used to live down there actually in St. Clair Shores...
But I'll be moving to Austrialia very soon.

What part of the state are you in?

Michigan has much to offer depending on your area

Here's a group in Ann Arbor, MI

[EDIT 2011/04/21: Ann Arbor Group no longer meeting.]

Here is another group from Grand Rapids area:

So far we've rarely done a daytime thing. Usually we meet on a weekend night. Seems like a lot of people, kids or not, work during the week. This is not true of me, unfortunately, so it has been difficult to schedule sometimes.

I think I was planning to try for the evening of the 21st this time around. But I'm open to attempting a daytime gathering after Labor Day as well. Then we get the best of both worlds. I also know that some have discussed kid friendly meetings too. Anyone up for a picnic at a park sometime?

What say the rest of the crowd?

Peace,
Rich [email protected]

They had a meeting last week and had some great input you may like to see also:

Hey all!

Last night at our wonderful meeting, I was asked to email out links for sources about Polyamory, especially dating sites.

Here's the list I composed right now...if you have others, be sure to respond so that others can benefit! :)

Best comprehensive poly guide online: http://xeromag. com/fvpoly. html
Also the poly links page that Franklin compiled - include a couple of links I would have posted, like polymatchmaker. com, as well as a full list of all the books we talked about last night!: http://xeromag. com/fvpolylinks. html

Dating sites not listed at xeromag:
www.okcupid. com (this has a mix of people on it that are poly or not, but it's very poly friendly and free)
www.lovemany. com (I haven't used this, but I've heard good things....it' s newer so the more people who join it and get others to join, the wider the network becomes!)

As I said, this is a quick list, feel free to add more if you'd like!

-Becky

Last edited by a moderator:
I just moved back to Michigan. YAY!

Welcome back!

Did you bring any jobs with you? hehehehe

What part of Michigan are you from?

West Michigan - Muskegon here.

Are you a lone poly or in a poly family?

I live in the Detroit area now, but I've lived all over the state over the years. i didn't bring any jobs with me, but I am having better luck finding work here than I did in south Georgia.

I am somewhere between poly single and a poly family. I have three boyfriends, one lives with me and two are out of state. I'm looking to find a local group of poly-minded friends to meet up with.

A single I knew named Mike use to be a mod in the Ann Arbor group and I have been to a couple of the meetings. Its a good group if your new to the area I would suggest going and seeing if it is for you.

Is the GRPoly Yahoo! Group very active?

My wife and I are starting to look into adding another member to our family. We are young and interested in meeting others with similiar ideas.

My boyfriend lives in the Toledo area. If any events are going on during a time when I am visiting, he and I could both show up. I will let him know about any events that are going on otherwise if he is interested in going to one himself.

I should try to get him to make an account here.

I live in the Detroit area, and am interested in meeting up with llike minded people finally. If anyone has any meet ups planned, Im all in.

I just found this site and live in Southeastern Michigan. I attend both the A2 poly munch and the Ferndale poly support group. Both have a great group of likeminded people to hang out with. Looking to make new friends and loves.:D

poly groups

LOL I was doing research on poly (which we are..want to be..yeah there is a story) and found this site. I was going to suggest the two poly groups already mentioned.

new to Michigan

Hello. I moved to Auburn Hills two years ago. I am also looking for like minded people to hang out with.

Back