poly vers swinging

poli

Hi all i would like to know what you think the difference is . i would like to get involved with a group in london if there is any in london

Polyamory involves developing emotional relationships. Swinging is about finding sex partners.

Just found this as part of an article elsewhere and found it applicable:
"Unlike swingers, who swap or add partners to spice up their sex lives, polyamorists maintain multiple intimate relationships that are emotional as well as sexual...."

And what sort of group are you seeking?

Last edited:
There is a lot of crossover between poly and swinging as well. Some people may start out in one group and wind up somewhat in another group. Both groups support honest nonmonogamy. The difference is what SeventhCrow notes: swinging emphasizes the sex and polyamory emphasizes the relationship.

It's likely you'll find in either camp that each person has their own definition of poly or swinging - they're both broad terms for something that's actually a lot more individual and personal in practice.

Do you know what you're looking for? Do you know what they're looking for? Talk is a vital first step either way :).

groups

Polyamory involves developing emotional relationships. Swinging is about finding sex partners.

Just found this as part of an article elsewhere and found it applicable:
"Unlike swingers, who swap or add partners to spice up their sex lives, polyamorists maintain multiple intimate relationships that are emotional as well as sexual...."

And what sort of group are you seeking?

i used to be involved in swinging for many years just found it alot of hard work so i took abreak and am now looking for a different life style

Back