Love from Kamala Devi

blisscoach

Namaste!
I'm Kamala Devi and I live in San Diego with my husband and two lovers, I've been poly for the last 15 years. Recently my pod and I have stepped into poly activism. (Or maybe I should say we've fallen into it, because we had such a lack of role models.) We're excited to be appearing in Showtime's new series Polyamory: Married and Dating, which premieres this Thursday at 11pm. I joined this discussion group because we are excited and nervous about how the show is going to be edited and recieved by the poly community and we would like to be a part of the online conversation.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
:eek:
Love,
Kamala Devi
www.kamaladevi.com

Will there be a way to see it for people that don't have showtime, like via iTunes? Most of the poly people in my social circle just have netflix streaming and their computers. Even if I don't get a chance to see it for a while at least it may expose new people to the idea.

Welcome to the Forum.

I think there's already been some links about the show posted, probably in the media area. I know a lot of people are eagerly awaiting the show , and some who are crossing their fingers that it will do a service to the community rather than the mixed or not so flattering depictions which have happened in some previous media projects. Hard to tell ahead of time.

Glad to have you here.

Bliss, I think you and your partners are very brave to try this reality tv show. I would be very, very worried about how they are portraying your relationships. I hope it is not exploitative but rather accurate. Do you have any input into editing or how your family is portrayed?

I am looking forward to seeing the show at some point. (I don't have Showtime.) I am glad to seeing more people like me on TV!

Hi Kamala.
I'm really curious how you and your partners feel about the editing and presentation of the show now that the first episode has aired.

Hi Kamala,

Just wanted to welcome you to our forum. I'm not much of one for keeping up on stuff on TV, but I'm glad you had a chance to appear on Showtime. I hope their presentation was reasonable and fair!

With regards,
Kevin T.

Back