I think I want a poly relationship???

babrooksha

Hello, I'm actually in a relationship of 1.5 years at the moment. I love him so incredibly much and we couldn't get along any more. However before I met him, I also met someone else who I had a connection with like nothing else. I know I'm probably going to have connections with more people too. It makes me feel like I'm making the situation worse by hiding my feelings of wanting to be with other people. My boyfriend is not very open to having an "open relationship" though. I'm very new to this and I don't know how to go about it. If anyone could give me some advice, that would be amazing. How to talk to my boyfriend, are there any "rules":confused: etc

Hi babrooksha,

Would your boyfriend be willing to read a book with you? If so, start with, "Opening Up: a guide to creating and sustaining open relationships," by Tristan Taormino.

Is he willing to read a web page with you? If so, start with Franklin Veaux's Poly FAQ page. Discuss what you learn with one another.

It would even help if he would read and post on this forum. Perhaps we could get his side of the story?

Have you talked with him at all about the idea of opening up? Have you told him that it's something you want to do?

I'm willing to help in any way I can.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back