Anyone in Western Oregon?

swiftlylost

My fiance and I have been playing with poly for a while, but have been struggling to find like-minded people in our area. The poly group we know of in town is somewhat snobby and exclusive, so we are trying to build a social network outside of that group.
We are hoping to date a woman or a couple, but we also are looking for just friends, people to hang out with and share interests with.
I am early 20's, he is early 30's, and we are both huge nerds. He is a chef and I am a drafting and engineering student.
We are in the Albany/Corvallis/Salem area, in the Willamette valley.
Anyone out there?

while we aren't in Oregon, we are in Washington, and I have personally noticed that the poly world seems very critical, and snobby. its rather frustrating. ive even noticed it on here a bit.

try meetup.com they have a lot of groups with likeminded people.

let me know how it goes as hubs and I are new to this and would love to hear how other people are getting along in this world.

cant we all just love eachother?

I know Salem... my father in law lives there. My wife and I are in PDX. We are a poly(me)/mono(her) couple just opening up... so we're definitely going through some things and as such have no time to be snobby. ;) I don't get down to Salem often, but feel free to message me if you want to chat.

I'm the the Portland metro area. There are tons of poly people in the area. Corvallis has a poly group that meets monthly, I know, although I have heard mixed reviews. Salem has a kinky munch that has a large helping of poly folks, as well, but it is definitely a kink group, not a poly one. Then Portland has quite a few different offerings, but that becomes quite a drive just for an event.

OkCupid is an awesome resource. Lots of poly people in the area use the site.

Well my boyfriend and I are trying a poly relationship and we live in Central Oregon... Bend to be exact. It's been pretty frustrating to find any couples who are poly here also. I have found (ha ha) several single guys who are "interested in the lifestyle", but seems to me that what they are really after is just casual sex and no strings attached. :confused:

I love PDX, I want to move there :)

It's a great place if you don't mind a little rain and our winters are extremely mild (though they act like it's a Siberian snowstorm every time we get a flurry... schools close and everything) It's a food and beer paradise, the traffic ain't so bad if you know when and where to avoid. Not a big haven for music unless you're into really local stuff, though, in my opinion. Growing up in San Diego I got used to the predictable weather and the beaches, but I've since fallen in love with Portland. It will be hard to leave someday.

Not only do we have some excellent indie breweries, several distilleries have popped up in recent years... whiskey, mostly. Some are quite good.

Why leave? There's just a big 'ol world out there and I've been here for 10 years now and of course I love it, but I think I'm developing a bit of the wanderlust. Still, it'll probably be a few years before I can seriously consider uprooting. :)

Ah ok, I get it, I have done a great deal of moving around in my life, I would rather like to settle some where else :)

Hi from western Oregon

*waving hi from Portland metro area*

.....my two partners and I (F/F, F/f) live in Beaverton. We're relatively new to the PNW (a little over a year), and would love to make some connections with friendly poly folks.

Stay warm out there! Currently, DP1 and I are teleworking, so we're nice and snug at home. DP2 had to go to work. :-/

- Kes

Hi, Swiftly. My wife and I live in Siletz, Oregon, with plans to move to Corvallis as soon as we can. If this post still applies to you, I would love to talk with you. Let me know. :)

Looking for like minded local people

Hi everyone! My wife and I have been together for the last 3 years, been married for one, and have started exploring poly relationships and other such things over the past year. I'm straight, my wife is bi-sexual, and we are just here looking to expand our family with like minded people! We are located in Salem, OR and have found it difficult to connect with other poly individuals looking for similar things. Interested? Please feel free to connect with us! Thanks!

Back