Duggar Schadenfreude

The atheist progressives (and religious progressives) I know are cool people. As for conservatives, I don't think they're all bad people. They're certainly not all like Josh Duggar. I just disagree with their political stances.

Dialogue

This is a great dialogue and to me shows great progress with the forum.

First Mag started this thread being perfectly plain of her intentions. I applaud and encourage her open defiance and displeasure.

Second the issue of religious bashing is a real one for all of us to have to deal with.

I can relate to being a Duggar. The guy is just a kid who is trapped in a cult. I know how hard it is to escape an insane family tradition that uses spiritual abuse to exercise control. I'm 67 and it really sucks.

If he came here for Sanctuary would he receive it?

My suggestion is to keep this thread alive to allow Mag and others to continue to expose extreme hypocrisy and her hatred of abuse allowed because it is cloaked in religious garb of any kind

On the other hand the next time some hapless person like myself who loves Jesus as if He were his best friend comes along and starts a thread that we would offer them our alternative to just one more place where we get the shit kicked out of us because we don't know the bible as well as they do.

I loved reading all of your posts in this thread. It is a true revelation for me that I am in a safe place surrounded by some very nice people.

Please don't offer this Duggar or the countless ones to come who are being exposed anything less than we would offer to any of us who were unwittingly abused by parents who thought they were doing there best.

The rule Jesus gives is to do to others what we would want done to us.

1. Keep this thread that is an expose of how religion has ruined our love of ourselves and made love of each other difficult. It has excellent information. I can't tell you how happy and proud I am to know all of you.

2. If you don't have something kind to say or can't find the appropriate words to use to not be hurtful when Christians start or post threads about their love of a god you don't recognize than leave it alone.

Re (from FallenAngelina):
"Then your belief system embraces individuality, Kevin. :)"

Yes, it does.

Re (from loveboston):
"If he came here for Sanctuary would he receive it?"

Oh, ow.

Re:
"On the other hand the next time some hapless person like myself who loves Jesus as if He were his best friend comes along and starts a thread that we would offer them our alternative to just one more place where we get the shit kicked out of us because we don't know the Bible as well as they do."

The way you say that, it makes me think that you were perhaps treated badly when you started (or participated in) a thread ... such as being shown that your knowledge of the Bible wasn't "good enough" like someone else's was?

I hope I've never treated you that way.

According to the New Testament Jesus advised us to love our enemies. It's hard to follow that advice.

Back