Quotes...plagarism encouraged!!

The Official Poly Statement

"I have become emotionally drawn to (so and so) and am curious about exploring a relationship with them.

I don't know what this really means for us but I do know that I love you and want to be in this relationship. I also know that, to be true to myself and fulfilled within our relationship, I need to explore this feeling.

I know this is going to hurt you at least for a while and make you doubt our future together but without pursuing this I am becoming more withdrawn and am afraid I will end up subconsciously or consciously damaging what we have in order to give myself the chance to see what I am feeling.

I am hurting too. I do not want to lose you. There are no certainties in what will happen if I do or do not follow my heart in this. I can not ask you to guarantee that you will be here on this other side of this. I can not guarantee how this will affect us.

But I need your support in this, if in no other way than just to be honest in what you feel and need. If you to decide I am not a person you want to have this type of relationship with then I will respect and honour your decision. If you decide that this can work for you than I will support you in any way I can to try to lessen your hurt and see the possibility of even more closeness than we have now."

My emphasis - Written in another thread by MonoVCPHG and quoted & titled by me because I think it's brilliant.
Just not quite as succinct as "Everything will be fine" :p

The truth contains much beauty
And though it scars your soul
It can heal the wounds it makes
You've been deceived to think
That pain is to be dreaded,
And you've got nothing left.
It'll give more than it takes.

Kendall Payne-from the song Honest

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood/ Intro Song Season 1

"I Just want to scream out "I'm only living to fulfill my wish!"-Can You Hear Me?!
I Can't take the safe way out of everything!"

those lyrics are 100% how I feel about my "alternate lifestyle". I think we're all just trying to be happy, and the simple fact is that what makes one person happy doesn't have the same effect on everyone else. Unfortunately instead of embracing our differences, so many people want to outcast them. Although the 'safe' thing to do is to simply be mono and hetero and "be like others", but like the song says, I can't take the safe way out of everything.

I can't wait for the day that we can all "scream out" exactly how we feel without feeling afraid of being looked down upon because of it.

... well, here's to all of us living to fulfill our wishes *raises glass in the air for a toast* :cool:

The angst of teens is often seen in those who have failed to achieve their desires in twice the lifespan. They are often lonely, sad and above all angry. Although we wish them well they are rarely a pleasure to be around.

"...a relationship which is founded on the healthy desire and mutual freedom to experience others in whatever way you feel is positive." ~Mono

I really like this.

You've got your ball
you've got your chain
tied to me tight tie me up again
who's got their claws
in you my friend
Into your heart I'll beat again
Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock
and sweet you roll
Lost for you I'm so lost for you

You come crash into me
And I come into you
I come into you
In a boys dream
In a boys dream

Touch your lips just so I know
In your eyes, love, it glows so
I'm bare boned and crazy for you
When you come crash
into me, baby
And I come into you
In a boys dream
In a boys dream

If I've gone overboard
Then I'm begging you
to forgive me
in my haste
When I'm holding you so girl
close to me

Oh and you come crash
into me, baby
And I come into you
Hike up your skirt a little more
and show the world to me
Hike up your skirt a little more
and show your world to me
In a boys dream.. In a boys dream

Oh I watch you there
through the window
And I stare at you
You wear nothing but you
wear it so well
tied up and twisted
the way I'd like to be
For you, for me, come crash
into me

"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." — Anne Lamott
Saw it on a facebook status that supports gay marriage. Love the quote!

Those that question the confident self awareness of others are those with the least confidence in who they are.

"Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong." ~ The Tao of Pooh

"Everyone says love hurts, but that isn't true. Loneliness hurts.
Rejection hurts. Losing someone hurts. Envy hurts. Everyone gets these
things confused with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this
world that covers up all pain and makes someone feel wonderful again.
Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt.... " - Anonymous

Living your individuality from a place of humility is the greatest contribution to creating a world of acceptance.

Back