Beer

BonzaiBlitz

Beer!

Yes, this thread is inspired by the Homebrewing thread.

BEER.

Do you?
Favorite type?
Favorite brand(s)?
Favored brewing countries?

I'm a wheat beer/weissbier fanatic.

The holy trinity:
The Father
kristallWeissbier.jpg

The Son
schneider-weisse-tap-7-unser-original_1.jpg

The Holy Spirit (get it?)
franziskaner-pint.jpg

In case you hadn't noticed, my favored brands are GERMAN!

Last edited:
My favorite type of beer is "free". :-D

I'll willingly drink beer, but it's not my favorite kind of spirit. I like the sweet stuff, especially the strong cinnamon stuff.

I love dark beers. Give me a porter or a stout any day over lighter beers, though I do like some IPAs and I love lemon shanties, especially in the summer. My absolute favorite beer is the Black Butte Porter by Deschutes brewery.

I love dark beers. Give me a porter or a stout any day over lighter beers, though I do like some IPAs and I love lemon shanties, especially in the summer. My absolute favorite beer is the Black Butte Porter by Deschutes brewery.

Have you noticed Black Butte 6 packs being harder to find lately? I can find the big cases, but not 6 packs in most stores these days. Very frustrating. It's not for me, though, so I don't stress a ton. Lol

I'm an IPA fan. There is also one xpa that is my all time favorite - it's by Deschutes as well. They're just a great brewery. I've been trying sours here and there, but I don't enjoy them enough to purchase them for time. They're my go to when out at pubs these days, though.

Have you noticed Black Butte 6 packs being harder to find lately? I can find the big cases, but not 6 packs in most stores these days. Very frustrating. It's not for me, though, so I don't stress a ton. Lol

I'm an IPA fan. There is also one xpa that is my all time favorite - it's by Deschutes as well. They're just a great brewery. I've been trying sours here and there, but I don't enjoy them enough to purchase them for time. They're my go to when out at pubs these days, though.

I live in Utah and since Black Butte Porter has more than a 3.2% alcohol to volume ratio (or whatever it is), it is only carried at the state run liquor store and a few bars, so essentially only sold by the bottle here. We have a limited amount of Deschutes other beers here, but I've enjoyed everything of theirs that I've tried. It's just luck that a friend had some and was willing to share, otherwise I probably wouldn't have ever tried Black Butte Porter.

I'll willingly drink beer, but it's not my favorite kind of spirit. I like the sweet stuff, especially the strong cinnamon stuff.

Like what?

When I think of "sweet stuff," I think moscato d'asti.

Of course, "cinnamon" equals "Fireball" to me.

Yeah I'm kind of like opalescent, preferring other drinks over beer. Historically my favorite has been DeKuyper Hot Damn 100 proof cinnamon schnapps. Also I like cinnamon whiskey. Those are my faves, but there's a wide range of stuff I'll drink.

Total beer snob household here...we have some excellent tap rooms available and take advantage.

Variety cases of Belgian beers often get me in trouble (as evidenced by my blog).

I like: REALLY hoppy IPAs - Troegs Nugget Nectar is a household favorite, we buy several (dozen) cases a year. But even better are SOUR beers (double yum) like Rodenbach Grand Cru (or, surprisingly, Victory's Sour Monkey).

Back