Hello from Central Florida!

JoyfulOne

Hi everyone!
I am really excited to have found this site, finally, with other like-minded people! My husband and I have been married for 10 years and have wanted to try having an open marriage for about 4 years. We recently moved to Florida and now we've finally gotten to the point of actually seeking out others. It's hard though, I can't tell anyone because they're SO judgmental and think that we should just go on more dates as a couple and we'll be fine. LOL It's not some disease that needs treatment, we just want to expand our love beyond each other; People don't get that. What we want exactly, we don't know yet. We both like the idea of having another M/F couple join our small family long-term, but that's REALLY hard to find. We've tossed the idea around about trying swinging, that sounds fun to both of us, though he has some concerns about staying safe, which I totally agree with. You never know what someone has - that is one of the reasons we held off for so long. We also talked about just being open and doing our own things, but he has a hard time with that one too.
So, here I am reaching out for some support and guidance in this new and exciting phase of our lives from you wonderful like-minded people! :) We both would love to see the different dynamics of different couples, what works and doesn't tend to work, and hopefully get advice as we go through this new adventure. Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting to know you!
Amanda

Greetings Amanda,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You might find the Life stories and blogs board useful, it gives many examples of how people are managing poly in their own lives. And there is the Poly Relationships Corner, for posting and asking for advice. Just look around in general and see what threads call to you. Let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back