first I apologize about the name...

xflrt51

Hello,
First I must apologize for the name - it is the only thing I thought of that wasn't taken and a throw back to another time in my life that is literally dead - I mean he died. But that's neither here nor there.
I'm going to admit something I'm not finding admitted ANYWHERE and I've been searching for quite a while and am burnt out on searching. I am post-menopausal and incapable of having "normal" sex with my ridiculously horny, bless his heart, husband. It's called atrophy and it is just plain evil and there are no valid or in-valid imaginary treatments that I've found.
That said, husband and I talked about inviting someone into that space and he was beyond thrilled when we thought we had someone. I hadn't seen him that happy in a LONG time (crunchy).
I would be thrilled for him to be happy. At this stage of life (he just turned 50) it's not fair for him to be without something that is incredibly important to him.
It has become nearly irrelevant to me, which sucks, but that's the way it is and such is life.
We interact, but since I told him the other night, "I'm officially declaring this an open marriage due to necessity" he hasn't expressed any interest in me whatsoever. He says he's not looking, and I really wish he would.
It is very strange to me that an entire element of my life has been almost completely taken away from me. Imagine your stuff turned to tissue paper with all the corresponding fragility and zero elasticity - that's my life. It shouldn't be his.
Why is polyamory a consideration? Because he needs physical and emotional love. It would be nice to have an additional friend to hang out with as well.
Am I worried that he'll trade me in for a newer model - meh. There are reasons why many women in their post-menopausal years are single and not looking.
I don't know if I'm being pragmatic or a pessimist.
That's it in a nutshell. Hope to meet some interesting people here. Have a great one.

Hi xflrt51 - welcome to the Forum! I've been here a few months now and found most of the folks here to be friendly and helpful - with lots of sound advice and solid info. Best of luck on your new poly journey - perhaps you may even find some renewed interested along the way. Al

Greetings xflrt51,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Sorry to hear about your situation, and I think it is very gracious of you to open up your marriage for your husband's sake. I'm sure he is grateful, and maybe he's a little overwhelmed for the moment.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back