Greetings! :)

honeybeemnm

I suppose it's about time I actually introduce myself...

Hi! :cool:

I am a bisexual woman in my early twenties. I live with my cat in Arizona.

Currently I am in school where I have become a certified hypnotherapist and life coach and will be ordained as an interfaith minister this December. I look forward to the journey of creating my ministry that will include among other things embracing questions, holding space for intense emotions, supporting former fundamentalists, and encouraging the spiritual experience that each individual chooses for themselves. So I'm very drawn to exploring the Spirituality & Polyamory board. :)

I also work full time as an Administrative Assistant. I am very busy, which certainly affects any potential relationships I might be having.

I was raised fundamentalist Seventh-day Adventist with a good helping of codependency, emotional abuse, trauma, and family drama. I decided to have an awesome adult life, so I created one for myself and it is beautiful. :)

I've been familiar with poly for over 5 years. I began then to identify myself as polyamorous but choosing monogamy. However, I didn't have much luck with finding anyone that wanted the depth of relationship that I need. Whenever it didn't work out with someone I was seeing, I'd seriously consider fully embracing being polyamorous. I flirted with it a few times, dated a few poly people but didn't commit to them or polyamory.

Recently, I had my first serious relationship in 3 years. When it turned out to be short lived, I took another long look at myself, what I want, how I love.... etc. And thus I decided to "come out" as poly. It feels so liberating!! I see such potential to love people for the unique souls that they are rather than consciously or unconsciously comparing them to that one perfect mate that I imagine.

I suppose I'm "poly single" at the moment. Beginning to spend time with a poly man I briefly dated 1 1/2 years ago. Might explore my connection with an out of town childhood friend who was one of my first loves... I'm not really seeking any relationships though. I tried OKC and don't feel like sifting through everyone. I'm fine being single right now. I do look forward to future connections, but don't feel like "dating" to seek someone out. As I meet people who are open, I'll go from there :)

Greetings honeybeemnm,
Welcome to our forum (officially, ;)).

Sounds like you're living a full and fulfilling life (with prospects for even more going forward). I have a Mormon background so I can sympathize/empathize with your fundamentalist Seventh-day Adventist experience. You've really turned that around, and deserve kudos.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

...but don't feel like "dating" to seek someone out. As I meet people who are open, I'll go from there :)

Amen. I have never "dated" and yet am involved in a several long-term relationships. Live your life and people will come into it - some will stay, some will go. Enjoy the journey!

Back