Energy & Polyamory

honeybeemnm

Being in the holistic community, I see my friends post various spiritual topics and articles... I came across this one today that mostly made me cringe.

http://howtoexitthematrix.com/2015/07/26/beware-of-sexually-transmitted-demons/

I strongly believe in everything being energy and each of us having energies within ourselves (chakras, auras, etc). I can easily wrap my mind around the idea that sharing a sexual encounter with someone has an energetic effect. However, this is where I begin to question things.

Other articles I've read on this subject seem to come from a place of fear. Reminding me of archaic ideas about being afraid of our own sexuality. However, if we are mingling our energies when we have sex - what then? Should poly people just do more energetic cleansing (sage, epsom salt baths, energy work)? And what do you guys think about this idea of picking up someone else's spirit attachment (which I'm not even sure I believe in at all, attachments seem possible though)

How does one balance being sex positive (including consensual casual sex, swinging, etc) with acknowledging the spiritual & energetic aspect of sex?

I don't think sex transmits demons or entities, but sex is known to lead to emotional attachment, and people often let themselves be heavily influenced by those to whom they're emotionally attached. So, ideas and inclinations can "jump" from one person to another, and this may happen more often between sexual partners.

I'm probably not the best person to ask though, as I'm very atheist. :(

Wow, that article is a bucket of crazy with a smidgen of good sense thrown in. And I have to agree with you that there is a strong current of sex negativity running through the collection of quotes. (Incidentally, the crazy is not from the belief in spiritual entities. I happen to believe these exist but that they are just all not that focused on us physical types. And I don't believe they can affect us without our consent and knowledge.)

That said, there is a bit of a point about sex being connecting, even in the most casual of interactions. People sometimes overlook this reality to their detriment. There are so many people who come through on this forum saying that it was 'just sex' and now they are in love and that fact is causing all sorts of chaos in their life. Sex is bonding. It's the only way some folks can access experiencing intimacy and closeness. (One of my exes was like this.)

I think the article goes badly wrong in associating casual sex with lack of connection. Sometimes that is the case (and I don't see anything wrong with that) where there is only physical interaction. But in my own life, I've experienced casual sex that was limited in time and scope but was connecting all the same. It just wasn't a connection meant to last very long.

I've got more to say about this article but am going to have to pause there. Thanks for posting it!

I second opalescent's opinion, including how much detail you could get into explaining the many levels of problems in the assumptions and theories in the article.

I do happen to believe in the existence of entities and that they can get attached to people, rarely, but they do so for a reason and with permission, and the choice is mutual and specific, at the least at a spiritual level, and sometimes consciously. They don't just hop from person to person willy nilly as a general rule.

This quote:
> "If you have sex with someone that has a entity or demon, you will absorb that entity into yourself. You will basically be making a choice to allow or invite anything within the person’s energy field you are having sex to come into you. "
So I find this frankly incorrect in the way it's worded. It's not impossible for someone to allow this to happen, but to make a blanket statement that this is the way it works is, I feel, misleading.

If this was true, wouldn't every disease be sexually transmitted, and every mental quirk, every emotional habit? These all have energetic components that in certain cases can cause them, sustain them or be used to resolve them. You can sit next to someone on a plane, breathing their air, and not catch their cancer, or their hypothetical entity for that matter. If you don't give that permission having agreed to sit in someones aura for several hours, why would you do so during sex, and, who says the person will agree to give up the entity anyway? Someone needs to tell this person that you can actually talk to entities and ask them to leave, or that there's help to fix that if you're having trouble aligning your conscious wants with your spirit to get that to happen?

So yeah, I agree the whole thing is very fear-based. The antidote to fear is understanding... basically I don't see that the person collating the quotes for the article understood how little the quoted folks understood themselves.

At the end of the day, humans are extremely powerful creator beings, living on a planet where free will is the golden rule. Not much gets past us that we don't allow, we just have to wake up and stand consciously and responsibly in our power. I do think some people really need to get a grip and give themselves a bit more credit.

The article isn't available anywhere else as far as I know. I didn't study it closely, but most of it seemed to be made up of quotes from various people that indicated that various psychological phenomena are transmitted through sex.

Oh, I get it, STPP's.;)

I don't think sex transmits demons or entities, but sex is known to lead to emotional attachment, and people often let themselves be heavily influenced by those to whom they're emotionally attached. So, ideas and inclinations can "jump" from one person to another, and this may happen more often between sexual partners.

I'm probably not the best person to ask though, as I'm very atheist. :(

Yes, and Hello again, I was busy working and stuff. Sex is a serious form of energy, often in the concept of Sex Magik. Don't look at demons as beings, often they are just part of a deeper human conscience. Sex is also a means of communication ad stress relief

Hello again, taking a little break from work. Back to energy, many cultures have various forms of energy theory. Whether Sex Magik or Chakras or whatever, multiple people increase the energy of the group, think 13? or a simple 3, the number of the supreme power. When we are with another woman, our energy, not just sexual goes up. The household functions better, we all get a calmness. Even when we get a period on no sex, yes they did sync, life is good

Hello again, taking a little break from work. Back to energy, many cultures have various forms of energy theory. Whether Sex Magik or Chakras or whatever, multiple people increase the energy of the group, think 13? or a simple 3, the number of the supreme power. When we are with another woman, our energy, not just sexual goes up. The household functions better, we all get a calmness. Even when we get a period on no sex, yes they did sync, life is good

I have felt interesting energy stuff in my BDSM scenes with my Zen and also when we are intimate, even just being close, sex or no. I feel like his energy comes into me at the point in the center just below my ribcage, and comes out of my both from higher in my chest and also lower in my abdomen (area of reproductive organs) in a set of two half circle shaped paths, like light. And it goes into him and circles back to the point below his ribs and back into me there. And that the overall effect is a sort of figure 8 or infinity symbol between us.

I don't know much about the chakras or any of the symbolism or mysticism or religions that would apply...I tend to think in very basic, "I feel this and it looks this way in my mind" sort of manner, and I don't usually look to the teachings of others to explain it. But I guess these points do correspond with three of the chakras in the central torso. ?? *shrug* All I know is that it charges me up and makes me feel half drunk on him.

I am glad that we don't let my period stop us from doing anything...I would not want to go without for a week. Nope.

Interestingly with regard to poly, when we played with a former lover of mine in a scene at the club...I enjoyed it on several levels, but I feel like I am in tune to the feeling of his energy more than anyone else's, like what is inside of me is iron filings following a magnet where his touch is concerned. I found it remarkably difficult to focus my mind and my interest on another person's touch, with anything like the same intensity.

I'm an energy healing practitioner, so this is kinda my area...

The points you're talking about are the second (sacral), third (solar plexus), and fourth (heart) chakras. The second chakra is said to govern sexuality, the third, sense of self and connection, and the fourth, love, among other things. So it makes sense that in a relationship as intense as what you have with Zen, you'd feel some energy flow in those three chakras.

Sex is, at the energetic level, an exchange of energy, especially at orgasm.

Back