Polyamory Quotes

River

I thought it could be useful and fun to post quotes about polyamory from articles, web-pages, books and the like. Folks are welcome to respond to these quotes if they like, or to use them as a springboard for discussion.

You are also welcome to post quotes you have found.

Okay, here goes:

"I view polyamorists the same way I view skydivers -- with a certain level of awe because they have achieved something I wouldn't dare to even imagine for myself."​

Last edited:
"As for why polyamory is a very weird cultural construction, it’s because poly people seek to tell the truth—not just to their trusted friends but to their long time partners, their sizzling new lovers, subscribers to their internet blogs and live journals as well as pretty much everyone else who will listen. They seek to tell the truth even when it hurts. We humans, being members of the biggest-brained primate species, typically withhold information when it’s not to our advantage to share. And we’re supremely good liars. We consider plastic surgery and hair dye reasonable practices…and inflating the value of a house to secure a big mortgage loan that’s considered all-American!"​

from - http://www.ejhs.org/volume11/Wolfe.htm

Note: My posting of a quote (or link) does not indicated either endorsement or non-endorsement of any or all parts of any such posted quote (or link). I post these as food for thought.

Back